Waking Night Support Worker – Arundel Care Services
Established in 2005, Arundel Care Services specialise in supporting adults with learning disabilities across Sussex.
We are dedicated to providing adaptable services to all individuals we support. We value everyone’s diversity, and respect their rights to privacy, dignity and individuality.
We are a values-based company who put the people we support first. The organisational purpose is focused on the people we support and *making a difference* to them – ensuring they receive a good standard of physical, emotional and social care. With our values incorporating adaptability, commitment and a supportive environment for both our staff and the people we support.
*Role & Responsibilities *
We are currently looking for a positive, compassionate, and caring Waking Night Support Worker to join our residential care home in the Horsham area, providing wakeful night duty cover in the home.
This service provides 24-hour support to 4 individuals sharing their home together. These individuals have mild to severe learning disabilities with additional mental health and complex health needs alongside this.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Administer medication where appropriate, in line with company medication policy.
· Undertake tasks of a domestic nature, e.g., laundry and ironing and others as described in the home
· Develop and maintain professional relationships with relatives, outside agencies and other professionals.
· Support individuals in their personal care when appropriate.
· Supporting and caring for those who can at times, displays behaviours that others may find challenging.
· To develop a full knowledge and understanding of administrative procedures pertaining to the people we support. Including reports, support plans and daily recordings.
· To undertake the role of keyworker for an individual.
· To respond to any service user seeking help, assess the situation and to contact either the sleep-in staff member or the senior on call, as appropriate.
*Who we are looking for: *
· People who care regardless of qualifications or experience. We care more about you sharing and demonstrating our values, which are:
· Seeing the possibilities to make positive difference. Valuing and celebrating individuality and diversity.
· Supporting rights, needs, choices and dreams.
· Being resilient – yes there can be tough days but there is also lots of fun to be had!
· Being responsible, sustainable, and innovative in our work.
Can you show us how you would treat the people we support; with the dignity and respect they deserve? Are you courageous, willing to champion quality, and raise concerns?
If you do share our values and care, we want you!
*What we offer our staff: *
• A full and comprehensive in-house induction and ongoing training
· Opportunities to obtain a qualification in health and social care and/or Positive Behaviour Support
· Bank Holiday enhancements
· Paid training
· Paid DBS
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Have your birthday off!
· Opportunities for career progression
· £500 Joining Fee! £250 first wage and £250 at end of probation period
· Employee Recognition Scheme – employee of the months
· Refer a friend scheme – earn yourself £300
· Casual dress
· Blue Light card – discounts on hundreds of well-known high street and online brands
· Staff work on a shift basis across the week and have a monthly rota, some weekend working is required.
· Please note that all of our positions require an Enhanced DBS check in relation to adults.
· Full UK driving licence is preferable
Please visit www.arundelcareservices.co.uk to find out more.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.00 per hour
* Casual dress
* Company pension
* Referral programme
* Store discounts
* Every weekend
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
* Night shift
Staff are required to wear full PPE and regularly test as part of this role.
* Support Work: 1 year (preferred)
* Driving Licence (preferred)
* United Kingdom (preferred)
£11.00 per hour
This job was originally posted as: https://uk.whatjobs.com/coopob__cpl___1919_1946463__1685?utm_source=1685&utm_medium=feed&keyword=Waking-Night-Support&location=Horsham