Therapy Support Worker (Days)
SUPPORT WORKERS REQUIRED – to work DAY SHIFTS
Location : Village North of Brixworth
Within commuting distance of Northampton/Kettering/Market Harborough
Rate of Pay: £11.00 per hour days (£12 per hour when working waking nights)
* A combination of long days (07.30 to 20.30) and short days, (either 07.30 to 14.00 or 14.00 to 20.30).
* There is also a position working waking nights (20.00 to 09.00)
We have an exciting opportunity for further therapy Support Workers to join an established specialist and dynamic team, in a village location to the north of Brixworth on the Northants/Leicestershire border. You will work alongside qualified therapists to support high quality therapy treatments for a gentleman living in his own family home.
* You will be supporting a gentleman with a traumatic brain injury requiring 24-hour support.
* The role will involve assisting with rehabilitation, following programmes set by physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language and neuropsychology professionals.
* Personal care, medication administration, continence support, and maintaining the client`s safety is also required.
* Support in attending medical, social outings and therapy appointments.
* Light domestic duties.
* The right candidates will be calm, confident and caring, with a positive outlook and a good sense of humour. This should be combined with the ability to work alone and use your initiative, but also work well as a team player.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to follow instructions and work in accordance with the set therapy care plan. You must be able to communicate effectively in a reassuring manner.
* Previous experience as a therapy support worker would be desirable. However, you will receive ongoing specialist training in all areas.
* A driving licence would be preferable due to the village location of the gentleman's family home
* Please be aware that there are pet cats in the home, in case of allergies or other concerns.
Further info regarding shifts:
* Shifts are on a ROTA basis including some weekends
* Rota given 1 month in advance approx
* Permanent Role based at one location
* Employed by a Respected and Specialist Care Provider
For all positions you must be flexible to cover holidays and sickness
* Paid annual leave and enhanced rates of pay for Bank Holidays
* Payment to attend all Training
* Paid DBS checks
* Personal Development Opportunities
* Refer a friend bonus up to £400
* All PPE is provided