An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Shift Supervisor at our Northampton plant.
You will be accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all shift activities across the site, from material preparation through to despatch, including Health and Safety and Quality as well as being responsible for the management, support, motivation and development of all shift personnel to drive production targets and deliver results.
Supporting the Operations Manager with specific focus on the performance of all elements within the plant, it’s systems and procedures, ensuring that they are regularly reviewed and deliver safe, efficient and audit ready operations at all times. Sustaining year on year performance improvements against key metrics. You will work alternate shifts and have excellect production supervision experience.
Working hours will be 6am-2pm (Mon-Fri), 2pm-10 (Mon-Fri) however flexibility is required for busy periods.
The main aspects of this role would be:
* Responsible for management of all on shift personnel and equipment
* Ensure EFP compliance to all statutory and regulatory requirements
* Manage and develop all shift personnel ensuring ongoing development and training
* Follow, maintain and improve safety procedures
* Ensure compliance to all monthly and ad hoc safety training requirements
* Maintain a clean, safe work environment
* Communicate with the Operations Manager regarding company policies, system breakdowns, HSE issues.
* In conjunction with shift maintenance technicians, proactively troubleshoot and correct machinery problems to maintain production schedules and maximise machine running time
* In conjunction with shift maintenance technicians, ensure compliance to preventative maintenance programmes
* In conjunction with Engineering Manager ensure plant services are operating safely and efficiently
* Analyse operations to ensure that the plant is running as efficiently as possible.
* Production and ownership of shift KPI,s reports using company ERP system. To include health and safety, material preparation, machine run time, downtime, scrap, toolfitting, warehouse and logistics performance
* Assist in maintaining ISO 9001 / 14001 / 45001 accreditation
* Continual review of plant equipment to ensure optimal safety and operating efficiencies.
* Delivery of a motivated, continuous improvement culture throughout all teams – ensuring the smooth running and continual improvement of the shift activities that support profitability.
* Encouraging innovation and creativity in the delivery of effective best practise in shift activities, lean manufacturing, total preventative maintenance and continuous improvement projects, facilitating team effectiveness at all levels.
* Develop and cultivate working relationships and effective communications with all other parts of the business, to ensure clear lines of communication and ownership of specific tasks are understood and implemented
* Promote Environmental and Health & Safety initiatives whilst ensuring compliance with all current regulations and legislation, regulatory guidelines and company Standard Operating Procedures
What we would like our candidate to have…
* Proven experience in a similar role (5/10 years)
* Strong hands on leadership experience
* Ability to develop, lead and motivate others
* Excellent time management and organisation skills
* ERP knowledge
* QA process knowledge
* Highly computer literate e.g. Excel/Word and PowerPoint
* Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
* Demonstrates experiences of making sound judgement under pressure.
* Knowledge of moulding would be preferred
* FLT Licence
Production Management qualifications – or equivalent experience