Shift Supervisor/ Leader to work within a busy manufacturing/ engineering business.
Salary up to £32,000
Nationwide Recruitment Service (NRS) has an exciting new role in for a Shift manager/ Team Leader to be responsible for organising, managing and mentoring colleagues, to ensure tasks are completed to a high standard, in a safe manner and that daily and weekly targets are met.
* Lead, develop and motivate direct reports to deliver or exceed objectives and KPIs and ensure future potential is identified and developed in line with business needs.
* Ensure compliance against company, legal and Health and Safety procedures and act on issues as necessary in order to ensure that any issues are identified, rectified and reported and a safe and legally compliant environment is operated at all times.
* Organise resource (e.g., rotas and holidays), delegate tasks and deal with day-to-day resource issues as necessary (e.g. sickness, disciplinary, recruitment) to ensure adequate resourcing and performance levels are maintained so the site runs smoothly and service requirements are met.
* Collate, monitor and analyse KPI and operational data and make operational adjustments in order to achieve operational targets and identify improvement opportunities.
* Deputise for the manager in their absence, taking accountability for their responsibilities to ensure the operation continues to deliver against its operational targets.
* Numerate and literate.
* Highly motivated and target driven.
* Previous supervisory experience gained within a similar environment would be preferred.
* Previous experience of managing a team.
* Health and safety certificate/ qualified.
* Collaborative and enjoys working as part of a team.
* Experience of managing targets.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Approachable and able to gain the respect of others.
* Organised and flexible.
You should have a production or manufacturing/engineering background.
Commutable from Corby, Market Harborough, Northampton, Daventry, Wellingborough