Farrans Construction is currently recruiting a number of Senior Engineers for major, high profile civil engineering projects in the East of England. Gull Wing in Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing are both complex and challenging moving bridges with associated highways and structures.
The successful candidates will be self-motivated and technically proficient, capable of working on their own initiative within a collaborative team.
You will report to the Site Agent and along with the project management team will initiate continuous improvements to ensure the contract is delivered safely, on time and within budget ensuring the customers’ expectations are met.
Farrans recognise the shared benefits of investing in their people and will provide you with fantastic career support and development opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Build and maintain strong working relationships with the project management team, Client representatives and sub-contractors.
* Take a proactive approach to managing health, safety and wellbeing on site
* Assist in managing systems to enable the progress of work to be reviewed against time, quality, dimensions and quantity
* Review and interpret construction information from the drawings and specification and raise technical queries as necessary
* Manage and supervise the site engineering team and provide engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome
* Co-ordinate and supervise temporary works as required.
* Implement a regime of test and inspection plans and RAM’s for all works on site.
* Manage relevant inspections and testing to ensure conformance of the works with the design and specification
* Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company and project procedures
* Organise and conduct toolbox talks and RAM’s briefings
* Produce and monitor stage programmes, contribute to weekly progress reports and retain all relevant records
* Efficient management and supervision of resources on site
* Have a good commercial understanding, recognising the key drivers of cost and value and driving efficient use of resources
* Assist the commercial team with contract administration
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
* Civil Engineering Degree/Diploma or equivalent
* CSCS card in the appropriate discipline and ideally hold a CITB SMSTS/ SSSTS qualification.
* Full Driving License
* Sound knowledge of engineering with experience over a minimum 4 to 5 years in a Site, Section or Senior Engineer role working on major structures, highways or marine works is essential
* Good verbal and written communication skills and able to engage with stakeholders at all levels
* Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organisational skills.
* An excellent professional demeanour
* Flexible approach to working hours and potentially different locations.
* Willingness to assume additional responsibilities in keeping with the project requirements.
In return, you will be rewarded with an excellent Salary and Benefits Package which includes: Pension Scheme, Car Allowance, Working away from Home Allowance, Bonus Scheme