Are you a Senior Healthcare Assistant?
We require a Senior Healthcare Assistant for one of our fantastic clients.
Hourly Pay: £9.35
Hours Worked: 36 hours per week (3×12 hour shifts) on a rota basis.
Location: TA8, Burnham-on-Sea
* Familiarise yourself with and action the individual care plans of every resident, ensuring regular checks are made as required and to assist in the planning of care.
* Lead on completion of care plans for all residents with non-nursing needs, ensuring care plans are person-centred and are updated at regular intervals in line with policy.
* Check all charts are completed throughout the shift – Body Maps, Fluid charts, Diet charts, and Pressure Relief charts.
* Induct and mentor new Carers to the role.
* Carry out regular supervisions and appraisals of Carers.
* Assist residents who need help with all ADL’s, including but not exclusive to personal care, such as bathing, washing and all other aspects of their personal hygiene.
* Assist with the dressing or changing of residents where required.
* Ensure residents’ personal living space, including bed, commode and clothing are kept clean and presentable and free from soiling.
* Support residents with mobility and any physical disabilities, supporting the use of care aids and personal equipment.
* Actively encourage residents, according to their capabilities, to participate in all aspects of daily living.
* Help promote mental and physical activity of residents through conversation, on-site and off-site activities and sharing in day to day recreation such as reading, writing and general hobbies.
* Prepare simple food and drinks and where necessary assist or feed residents requiring help
* Assist the kitchen in the plating up and serving of meals as required.
* Respond to emergency bells, front door and telephone, greet and welcome visitors in the home.
* Deliver Manual Handling training to all staff (Train the Trainer training will be provided).
* Manage the carer rotas and annual leave approval system using Coolcare.
* Oversee online training modules on MyAko.
* Uniform provided
* Generous holiday allowance
* Investment in training and development
* Free onsite parking