Relief Head of Kitchen
Permanent, Part Time Part Time
Relief Head of Kitchen Vertas Group Limited
£11.04 per hour
Relief – Inspiration Trust, Norwich
Term time working
DBS provided by company if required for job role
Vertas Group is one of the fastest-growing facilities management companies in the UK. Across England, Scotland and Wales you'll find us putting the customer at the heart of everything we do, while prioritising our colleagues' health, safety and wellbeing. Winners of Employer of the Year' and Business of the Year' at the Suffolk Business Awards 2021, we are proud to be making the difference through our colleagues.
The Role: Head of Kitchen at Thetford High School!
We specialise in catering within schools and commercial properties, and have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Head of Kitchen to join our dynamic team. All our Head of Kitchen staff are looking to advance their career in catering and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace. We are looking for colleagues with good time management skills, who can follow instructions, and enjoy working to high standards both independently and alongside their team. Previous experience is desirable but not essential, as full training is provided.
Are you wanting a flexible working life that fits around your schedule and to be part of a company that genuinely supports you in your role and professional growth? If yes, your new opportunity is awaiting you.
* Supervision of the unit including monitoring hygiene standards, staff training and all day to day operations of the kitchen.
* Undertake and/or lead a team where appropriate in the preparation, cooking and service of the meal.
* Administrative work, including placing orders, stock control and monitoring of food budgets.
* Checking and recording the amount, price and condition of all food/non-food deliveries and taking any necessary action required.
* To take responsibility for the standards of cleanliness and hygiene of kitchen premises and equipment whilst maintaining sufficient stock levels of cleaning materials.
To be a successful Head of Kitchen, you will ideally have:
* Great customer service and communication skills.
* Passion for sustainability.
* A Team player providing an excellent service across the Vertas Group.
* The ability to make the best decisions with Vertas in mind.
* Listening and responding to colleagues, customers and suppliers to achieve the best outcome.
* The ability to adapt and respond to change in a growing organisation.
Vertas is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and declare any cautions, convictions, reprimands or final warnings which are not protected as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
Your Package and Perks:
* £11.04 per hour,
* Royal London Company Pension Scheme;
* Refer-a-Friend scheme offering up to £150 per referral
* WeCare' Subscription, offering easy access to 24/7 GP consultations, mental health support, 4-8-week Personal trainer get fit programmes, virtual services to improve the medical, mental, legal and financial wellbeing of our colleagues.
* Lifeworks' Subscription for your entire household offering corporate discounts on cinema tickets, Gym discounts at major UK gyms, in-store and online voucher codes for popular UK retailers, private travel agent access and savings on buying a home or car, family outings and holidays.
* Funded Qualifications for professional development
* Clear Career Progression pathways and Leadership Programmes across the Group
* Regular Colleague Incentives, Charity Events, Social calendar with events taking place throughout the year and our Black-tie Annual Colleague Awards hosted by our CEO and sponsors.
Vertas is an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure that its workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which it operates.
We want enthusiastic individuals with a positive working attitude to join our team of 4,000 colleagues across the UK. Vertas Group are an inclusive and equal opportunities employer who believe that our people power what we do. We aim to ensure that our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which it operates