Regional General Manager – South
Regional General Manager – South
As the Regional General Manager, (within a high profile national health sector contract), you will be accountable for the performance, development and service delivery through four warehouse site General Managers. You will be accountable for multi-site operational performance through cost, delivery, people, quality, continuous improvement, environmental, safety, compliance and customer engagement key performance indicators as specified by the Operations Director across your region.
About the Role
* You will define and establish working relationships across wider Unipart Functions such as Transport, Customer, Services, Stock, Health and Safety, Inventory Management, Compliance, HR and Finance, ensuring that clear and efficient cross function operational processes are defined and drive accountability and compliance to them.
* You will manage through a balanced scorecard approach. You will support and bring to life the 5 Unipart Systems of Customer Engagement, Employee Engagement, Operational Excellence, Organisational Capability and Innovation, helping to embed learning and development strategies and establishing / sustaining systems of work to make each system a reality that can be understood by all.
* You will support the operational performance and development of your direct reports across: inbound and outbound processing, warehouse management, distribution management, quality management, stock integrity and compliance (including GDP).
* You will take accountability for audit success and compliance across your direct team, supporting internal and external audit delivery, reviewing and signing off associated action plan delivery across your sites and region.
* You will coach, develop and hold your direct reports to account for the delivery of their operating budgets, instilling confidence and compliance to financial control, with an on-going focus on efficiency and financial improvement.
* You will support the Commercial and Transformation teams in growing the customer account through strategic input into tender processes for additional operational and capital investment projects. You will support the Commercial and Transformation teams in new health sector RFI and contract tendering processes.
* Overall regional accountability for operational performance to Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
* Implementing, embedding, sustaining and ensuring operational excellence using the principles of ‘The Unipart Way’ Continuous Improvement, lean methodology.
* Driving a culture of employee engagement, championing employee voice through local and regional employee recognition, supporting employee engagement through commitment to Employee Forums, Trade Unison Partnership and the delivery of world-class employee engagement levels through Engagement and Pulse check surveys across your region.
* Leadership of the multi-site operational teams, working collaboratively within a matrix organisation to ensure capability and delivery of operational objectives to meet the business plan and targets.
* Supporting the delivery and implementation of your regions medium and long term resource plans, taking into account local and national market challenges, tracking fulfilment and quality measures, and ensuring customer demand and business plans are met.
* Degree or equivalent higher academic achievement highly desirable.
* Proven experience of operating effectively at a senior stakeholder level (Director and OC engagement).
* Ability to support and direct multiple large teams of circa 150 employees at each site, to deliver the required standards and performance.
* Regional input and accountability for P and L of multiple warehouses
* Proven ability to define, plan, manage and sustain both Organisation and operational change projects.
* Resilience in ability to work under pressure in a challenging and constantly changing environment, evidenced by previous experience in a fast changing, volume driven working and customer environment.
* Commercial acumen to understand, challenge and manage financial decision making.
* Clear leadership skills, to inspire with energy and passion within and across Senior Leaders and their teams.
* Proven successful commercial negotiation experience with suppliers.
* Knowledge and accountability of the obligations under GDP legislation.
About Unipart Group Limited
Unipart is a growing business, with clients such as, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and the NHS. The Unipart Group employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Location: Coventry, Bury St Edmunds, Bridgwater, Maidstone
Contract type: Full time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: up to £85,000 per annum
You may have experience of the following: Regional General Manager, Area General Manager, Area Manager, Regional Manager, Warehouse Operations Manager, Distribution Operations Manager, Logistics Operations Manager, Commercial Manager, Third Party Logistics, 3PL, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, etc.
Ref: (Apply online only)