Job Title: Mechanical Fitter
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £26 per annum + overtime
Hours : 6am -2pm
Our Rail Client is recruiting for a number of Mechanical Fitters for permanent positions with the main site based in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.
We will consider candidates from the following backgrounds:
*HGV Fitter *Plant Fitter * Mechanics *Military *Bus/Car Mechanics * Wagon Fitters
*Visual inspection of the Freight Wagons as they arrive into the depot
*Service and maintenance of Freight Wagons including Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Brakes and Brake Locks
* Conduct wagon maintenance activities in on- and off-site locations.
* Ensure all company assets including vans and tooling are utilised correctly and appropriately and-that all equipment that-is under your control is accounted for and is within calibration/tag dates.
* Comply with all prevailing valid maintenance specifications and /or engineering instructions.
* Ensure full understanding of the Workload Plan on a day to day basis and your part within it.
* To support the Supervisor in delivery of the Workload Plan
* Ability to be deployed in any work area off site and occasionally on site as required
* Comply with company and statutory Quality, Health and Safety, Environmental and other policies and procedures.
* Proactively participate in Health and Safety Processes e.g. raising Near Misses, reading and understanding Risk Assessments and Essential Site Safety Rules, completing Point of Work Risk Assessments where required before carrying out related work
* Ensure that all equipment and parts exchange policies, either customer or company policies are adhered to e.g. DIN tickets are provided for parts removed from stores
* Ensure all required maintenance paperwork e.g. daily worksheets, customer records, wheel exchange documents are completed and issued to Contract Administration in a timely manner and as required
* Take personal responsibility for ensuring that work related competencies are up to date before carrying out any work
* Maintain good day to day working relationships with current and potential customers in order to promote and maintain company Freight reputation.
* Maintain good timekeeping and housekeeping in vans, use of tools and equipment on and off site.
* Promote good communication with Supervisors and Line Managers in order to proactively escalate day to day concerns relating to workload and safety.
* Perform any other duties as appropriate within the individual's skill and competencies.
Qualifications & Education:
– Must be fully qualified to Level 3 or equivalent with an Engineering discipline.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website
overtime & permanent employee bene