Material Handling Manager
Material Handling Manager
• Responsible and accountable for managing all Material Handling operations, including 3PL activities for Group Lotus' Hethel based operations.
• Maintains constant contact with production operations to support their needs. Supports BPD / Scorecard achievement.
• Maintains ISO standards and ensures Internal Controls compliance for the function.
• Supports the production organisation to meet build and PTS schedules ensuring full material availability, right time at point of fit.
• Monitor the scorecard reporting process for input into Gap Closure Planning for current and future years.
• Performs and audits adherence to Material Floor Layered Audits and material inventory management
• Coordinates mobile equipment needs and ensues optimum cost and service availability.
• Coordinates all safety and ergonomics issues for the department.
• Supervises all operation floor operations.
• Develops changes to improve existing conditions (layouts, ergonomics, routings, tooling, facilities, material) and communicate
requirements through implementation
• Responsible to oversee plant floor Plan For Every Part activity (packaging, DLOC, ULOC, Min/Max, piece bank)
• Maintains hospital clean housekeeping standards and applies 5S.
• Supports adherence to all mobile equipment checks and safe vehicle driving practices.
• Monitors compliance to all loading/unloading safety standards.
• Audits departmental records for employees, ensures correct safety documentation in place, oversees Suggestions,
Grievances, Training, Attendance and overtime, Vacation planning.
• Manages all inventory transactions, plans and material availability within the manufacturing location.
Role and responsibilties
• Key contact with Manufacturing operations to ensure material delivered to point of fit in a timely, complete and
safety conscious manner to allow manufacturing schedule compliance.
• Key interface to Planning groups within Materials.
• Supports and participates in prototype, pilot and model change programs.
• Coordinates facility changes with plant facility engineering
• Involved in continuous improvement process at 3rd parties.
• Develops and maintains labour relations and compliance with agreements.
• Ensure hazardous material compliance for material business processes.
• Responsible for and oversees expenditures by Material floor operations.
• Implements, monitors and maintains competitive initiatives, documents plans/ideas for future years’ BPDs.
• Participates in the development of the department’s annual Business Plan Deployment (BPD) and Scorecard.
• Provides input into budget development based on Annual Plans and ongoing Gap Closure Planning.
• Develops subordinates and ensures functional and individual developments.
• Knowledge of modern Automotive Industry Material Management and Flow practices.
• Knowledge of Industry Standard Warehouse management systems, tools and techniques
• Recognises and communicates safe work practices as the highest priority.
• Ensures housekeeping standards and applies 5S.
• Ability to manage large operational teams across multiple production locations.
• Results driven, decisive, able to handle multi-dimensional issues often in stressful environments
• Experience of implementing a Set Part Strategy (SPS) including material kitting operations