Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Analyst is within our Abbott Toxicology Laboratory located at Loughton, Essex. This role will support the preparation of samples and production of results within the confirmation section of the laboratory.
Please note this is a maternity cover contract (up to 12 months).
* To undertake the day to day work programme in the laboratory to agreed deadlines and quality standards.
* To assist in the maintenance and calibration of instrumentation and equipment used in the analytical processes.
* To assist in the preparation of reagents, calibration standards and control materials in accordance with the relevant SOPs.
* To assist in stock control to ensure adequate levels of reagents, chemicals and consumables are held in stock.
* To ensure the laboratory is kept clean and tidy to ensure a safe and efficient working environment.
* To participate in training programmes in the confirmation section to increase breadth of understanding and to gain competence in all techniques and processes used in the laboratory.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
* Appropriate science degree.
* Previous experience of using LC/MS analysers, preferably Waters and Thermo Scientific instruments.
* Previous experience of Solid Phase Extraction and liquid-liquid sample preparation processes.
* Communication, Organisation, Teamwork, Collaboration, Results driven, Accurate, Reliable, Efficient
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce