Junior BI Developer
Junior Business Intelligence Developer, Excellent £ Neg £30K – £35K DOE, Annual Bonus, Pension, on site parking, 25 days holiday p.a.
I am currently looking for a Junior Business Intelligence Developer to join the growing team at our Client, based in Northamptonshire, to support the existing business intelligence function in the development and drive of the internal and external information analysis.
The role will focus on the internal customer, understand the questions that the business data can help answer and provide the analysis to guide the evidence-based decision making.
You will assist in the further development of the company’s data solutions, the development of which will help drive efficiency gains and deliver world class data concepts. You will be helping to gather business requirements from stakeholders and in turn deliver accurate and comprehensive solutions using predominantly SSRS, SSIS, Power BI and SQL.
The junior developer will assist in the design, development, test and deployment solutions and reports while writing necessary queries and maintaining related view and stored procedures.
We are looking for someone with perhaps 2 years experience of power BI, SQL programming skills and knowledge in data warehouses.
The role will include:
* Meet with stakeholders to understand their reporting needs.
* Assist with and develop reports using Microsoft Power BI and SSRS or other industry tools.
* Assist with developing and testing SQL stored procedures and views to ensure that the report source data is accurate.
* Investigate and troubleshoot issues, errors, and questions regarding data.
* Run ad-hoc reports.
* Reverse engineer stored procedures, user defined functions etc. that generate reports.
* Actively seek performance improvements, developing and implementing new business intelligence designs in current and future developments.
* Analysing and revising software errors to improve programs within your caability
* Conducting extensive unit testing.
* Determining and analysing program requirements
* Design and implement data migration solution
* Perform quality checks on data and extracts
* Database development and optimisations
* Development of Stored Procedures
Whilst there is some flexibility the ideal person will have:
* 2 years of experience as a SQL Developer – SQL Server 2012 or greater.
* SQL Management, writing stored procedures.
* 1 to 2 years of experience with SSRS, SSAS and SSIS.
* 1 years of experience in Power BI report development, design, and data modelling concepts, DAX coding.
* An understanding of the Power BI service.
* Adaptable to meet the business requirements.
* Excellent communication skills, Strong organisational and task management skills.
Please note the post codes used for location are for advertising purposes only and do not represent the company location.
We are a specialist technical recruiter working across a range of business to business/B2B market sectors including Electrical, Control & Automation, Power Transmission, Electronic, Renewable Energy, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Fluid Power, Instrumentation, Engineering services companies, Industrial Consumables, Industrial Components, Capital Equipment, Material Handling, Scientific Equipment, Petrochemical and Utilities.
We work on a full range of role categories for our clients and are currently working on a wide range of positions including, administration, account management, business development and sales management roles including: Sales Manager, UK Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Country Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Senior Sales Executive, National Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Key Account Manager, Account Executive, National Account Executive, Sales Specialist, Global Account Manager, Sales Representative, Territory Sales, Field Sales, Client Relationship Manager, Sales Engineer, Sales Consultant, Technical Sales, Technical Support, Senior Sales Engineer, Export Sales, International Sales, European Sales, Branch Manager, Sales Director, Trainee Sales, Graduate Sales, Telesales, Internal Sales, Office Sales, Procurement and Purchasing, Production Planning, IT roles, Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Logistics & Warehousing
Bonus Pension 25 Days plus Stats