Delivery Driver/Site Operative – Diss
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Frontier team as a Delivery Driver/Site Operative based at Diss.
The successful candidate will form part of the delivery driver team during the seasonal busy periods and will cover for the other drivers during periods of absence and planned holidays.
When not driving the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the day to day operation of the site to meet the commercial requirements whilst maximising efficiency and upholding quality, health, safety and environmental standards.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and professional with a full driving licence and an ability to work with a wide range of equipment and machinery. This role requires a flexible approach to working hours during peak season.
Roles and Responsibilities
Ensure compliance with the company Health, Safety and Environmental policies
Plan efficient and cost effective routes to deliver products within agreed timescales
Ensure daily checks are carried out and routine vehicle inspection forms are completed and submitted
Maintain the delivery vehicle and ensure it is clean and tidy both internally and externally
To ensure all records either hard copy or digital are maintained correctly and submitted to the transport office as required
Prepare loads for delivery
Transport product from the crop protection store and deliver to customer premises
Ensure a professional image is maintained at all times when representing Frontier Agriculture.
Assist in all operations across the site as directed by the site management team
Ensure general housekeeping and hygiene of the site is maintained to a high standard
Operate site vehicles; including forklift and loading shovels etc. in a safe and correct manner
Supervise the storage of bulk grains, oilseeds and pulses
Operate the weighbridge
Comply with company procedures and customer requirements regarding drying, cleaning, grading and storage operations in order to produce desired levels of product quality and service.
Keep records as required by Quality Assurance or any relevant government legislation
• Ability to work co-operatively with others and independently at times without supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally
• Excellent time management skills
• A flexible approach to working hours specifically in peak periods
• Ability to work towards deadlines
• Counterbalance, Fork Lift licence
Full driving license inc. Category C
Class C+E license
Counterbalance, FLT license
BASIS storekeeper qualification is an advantage but full training will be given.
In return, in addition to a competitive salary we offer a comprehensive range of employee benefits including:
• Contributory pension plan matched by the company
• Flexible benefits including holiday purchase and cycle to work scheme
• Employee discount service for a wide range of products and services
• Life Assurance
• Annual holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
• Employee Assistance programme