Engineering Manager – Oil and Gas Industry
As part of our client’s continued expansion, they are looking to recruit an Engineering Manager, who is a strategic thinker with a proven Leadership track record to enable them to move to the next level. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for developing the company’s technology strategy; contribute to new products development; lead, manage and develop the Engineering team – currently 15 employees. The Engineering Manager will be highly instrumental in contributing to organizational growth. They are seeking someone with excellent communication skills, leadership skills, strategic thinking, collaborative approach to partnership working; flexibility; customer-centric approach; commercial acumen; we are looking to appoint someone with pace, energy, intellect, and drive.
Key aspects of the role:
• team management,
• program management and engineering execution, • technical leadership,
• strategy development.
Main objectives of role:
* Leading and Managing the Engineering team to support the delivery of company strategy deliver world-class engineering systems, procedures, and processes
* manage and motivate the highly skilled engineering team
* effectively manage the entire engineering “people lifecycle” from recruitment, retention, appraisals, staff development, mentoring through to investigation and disciplinaries if necessary
* be an innovative Leader, always setting a clear and positive example and leading from the front, always considering “best practices”
* develop team competencies,
* deliver high quality, commercial new product designs
* enhance the existing product range (cost down, improved reliability, manufacturability, etc.)
* expand the existing product range
* enhance productivity
* Leading the Technical team from the front by offering high quality, responsive technical support to BD/sales, manufacturing, and customers
* Ensuring compliance with company QMS systems and new product release processes
* Be accountable and responsible for timely delivery of engineering team outputs in accordance with agreed product release/launch plans
* Take responsibility for ‘stage-gate’ new product development process ensuring that engineering activity is focussed on ‘value-add’/commercial new products that address real, high-value customer needs and reflect the ‘voice of the customer’
* Manage and develop external technology contacts through networking with universities, key partner companies and attending trades shows
* Resource planning, scheduling, and reporting
* The Engineering Manager will be a strong team player and will work closely with the CTO to develop a Technical / Engineering Strategy and will also be responsible for the technical budget.
The successful candidate will have a high degree of people management skills; we are looking for someone with highly effective “soft skills”; highly developed Leadership skills, someone who is able to lead by example.
As the engineering team is highly skilled, competent, and capable people, we require someone with strong technical/engineering background; Industry experience – Oil & Gas would be highly desirable; experience of the certification process; strong project management, planning and organizational skills and with a collaborative style of working is key.
We are looking for an articulate person with strong analytical skills, and an Engineering Degree,
The successful candidate will be driven to continuously improve the department and the business, will possess technical skills; project management, and will have well-developed time management skills.
The basic Salary is £70-£90k with 25 days holiday & stats, Contributory Pension 5% + 5% via salary sacrifice, excellent bonus scheme
Pension+Excellent Bonus+ 25 hols