Employment Tax Manager
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because we look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It’s a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It’s how we’ll find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we’ll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
As part on our growth plan, our Tax team is looking for an Employment Tax Manager to manage all day-to-day compliance on employment tax matters, mitigate employment tax risks to the UK business, both in the UK and overseas and provide technical support where necessary to our payroll team.
Reporting into our Head of Tax, the Employment Tax Manager will work collaboratively within the Finance function to support the wider business on a wide range of employment and mobility related tax matters. As a Tax Manager you will be a subject matter expert and partner with the business to provide technical input and manage all aspects of employment tax for Arcadis UK.
As part of our Tax team, you will be accountable for all aspects of employment tax compliance and help to manage our relationship with HM Revenue & Customs.
It is a wide-ranging role, with plenty of opportunities to get involved in other areas of tax / finance.
Key roles include:
* Support wider team on IR35 compliance
* Understanding of payroll function and provision of technical support
* Development of new employment tax procedures / processes / controls where appropriate
* Prepare PAYE Settlement Agreement
* Carry out P11D / P11D(B) reviews
* Support with expenses compliance
* Prepare monthly Construction Industry Scheme returns
* Draft share plan filings
* Support on international projects and transactions
* Prepare Short Term Business Visitor reporting
* Provide support to our International Human Resources team
* Support Head of Partnership Finance on Limited Liability Partnership matters
* Build an understanding of employment tax risks in the business, help develop a tax risk framework for employment tax and deploy risk mitigation
* Continued professional development to provide in house employment tax technical expertise and sharing associated thought leadership as appropriate.
* Responsible for delivering highly complex tax advice in a timely manner.
* Good knowledge of UK employment tax issues in a large corporate environment.
* Experience of working in employment tax for a Professional Services firm or in house for a matrix company.
* Strong team worker / collaborator with a commercial approach to problem solving. Ability to build business relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
* Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions.
* Desired: Relevant chartered accounting or tax qualification
* Desired: Experience working on tax related global mobility queries
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and to provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success