Domiciliary Care Assistant
Are you a caring person, that gets a kick out of bringing smiles to peoples faces, and helping them lead their lives?
Do you want to join a passionate team of carers, who spend every day making a difference to peoples lives?
If the answer to either of these is YES, then you should consider a career as a Community Care Assistant with Greenwood Homecare. We are an independent company, based in Huntingdon, with a small, close-knit team of carers. We welcome both experienced carers, but also those new to care.
Benefits of Working at Greenwood:
* Paid, full internal training for role. No experience required.
* Wages start at £10.00 per hour, rising to £10.50 per hour at weekends and £14.80 at bank holidays.
* All equipment including mobile phone and uniform provided free of charge.
* Guaranteed hours of at least twenty hours per week.
* Mileage payments.
* Continued in house training and support.
* Career Development Opportunities.
* 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays), paid pro-rata.
* Refer a friend scheme, with generous bonus.
* The opportunity to have a truly meaningful impact on peoples lives!
As a care worker you will visit the homes of elderly disabled and vulnerable adults to provide a range of services which enable them to live independently. In care, no two days are the same, but typically, you will be helping with things like personal care and hygiene, assistance with dressing, meal preparation, medication assistance and social support and companionship.
Don’t worry if this all sounds new, we provide comprehensive induction training, which includes a period of shadowing with senior carers.
Requirements of Community Care Assistant:
* You don’t need to have experience as a carer, as a full training programme including induction training will be provided.
* You will need a driving licence, and access to a vehicle, as care is based in the community and you will be driving between clients.
* Employment subject to proof of eligibility to work in the UK, enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references