Counterbalance Forklift Driver
Are you an experienced Counterbalance Forklift Driver ready for a new challenge within a thriving business, who can offer job security during these unprecedented times?
This highly successful and leading industrial manufacturer have enjoyed impressive growth and are committed to sustainability, investment in their people and continuous improvements.
We are seeking Counterbalance drivers for the 6am – 2pm and 2pm – 10pm alternating shift and late shift 2pm-10pm fixed. Monday – Friday. Initially on a temporary contract with a strong possibility of a permanent role after completion of a probation period.
Main Duties will Include:
* Operating a counterbalance forklift, to load and unload lorries whilst ensuring all paperwork is checked and filed.
* Stacking and moving high volumes of pallets both in yard and loading.
* Responsible for all yard and loading of materials for production supply.
* Handling a high volume of loading and unloading of materials and product with care to ensure minimum damage at all times.
* Maintaining the forklift to a high standard, carrying out pre-use checks and report any damage/faults to management.
* Ensuring that the standard of the yard is maintained and kept clean and tidy.
* Adhering to all Health and Safety compliance policies and procedures in place.
Key Skills and Competencies
* Previous experience in a similar role within a fast-paced manufacturing or warehousing environment.
* Previous experience operating a counterbalance Forklift, with valid RTITB Counterbalance License.
* High attention to detail and adhering to all company Health and Safety procedures for site.
* Good level of understanding and spoken English.
* Ability to take direction and following instruction.
* Numerate for processing orders and numbers of pallets for each order