Position – Contracts Manager
Location – Cardiff
Reporting to – Area General Manager
Desired Experience & or Qualifications
* Educated to at least HNC or equiv. standard in an engineering discipline, or have substantial experience coupled with an apprenticeship in an engineering discipline.
* At least 5 years experience gained with an engineering service delivery environment as Contract Manager / Hard Services / Maintenance Supervisor, having had exposure to financial management, people and customer relationship management.
* An understanding of continuous improvement management techniques with demonstratable examples of delivery.
* Thorough understanding of commercial & domestic electrical/mechanical systems, associated plant and building fabric.
* Experience of Soft Service delivery desirable.
Our client is an international Facilities Management organisation who are seeking an experienced Contract Manager to work on a prestigious site in Cardiff Bay. The role will be responsible for TFM service delivery, in a role which will be predominately site based. Candidates should be technically qualified in an engineering discipline and have previous experience managing FM contracts, with understanding of building services alongside commercial & QHSE principles.
Purpose of the Job
Manage contract within portfolio, effectively utilising identified resources to ensure they meet both service delivery and budgetary targets, and the requirements in terms of:
* Legislation and Statutory Compliance
* Client partner relationships
* Direct Line Management of Staff
* To effectively identify the resources required carrying out the activity/ service requirements and capturing these in the most appropriate form.
* Acting as Deputy to AGM as and when required.
Covering key areas such as:
* Procurement – Materials/ Suppliers, Recruitment, Tools / Equipment / PPE, Transport, QHSE and compliance.
* Effectively form these into a plan, ensuring all risks have been identified and managed accordingly, to ensure successful completion/ implementation of activity/ service.
* Delegating, organising and co-ordinating all resources to ensure successful completion/ implementation of activity/ service.
* Ongoing monitoring of activity /service, implementing corrective action when identified as necessary.
* Direct Line Management of M&E / Hard Services Supervisors & Energy Manager – ensuring objectives are set, performance is managed and training and development plans are in place
* Responsible for the management of the Energy, Utilities and Environmental part of the contract elements; participation in contractual monthly E&E Meetings plus other initiatives and workshops as required
* Management of Extra Works, developing pipeline of opportunities to assist with meeting contract financial plans and ensuring safe delivery and management of works
Ensures the organisation discharges all its obligations as defined in the Contract/ Service Agreement, through:
* Understand the scope of services/ delivery as defined in the contract and communicating these to the appropriate employees
* Highlight and evaluate risks, liabilities and make contingencies.
* Establishing & reviewing performance targets (i.e.KPI’s)
* Attendance of all customer facing contractual meetings; i.e. Weekly Risk Reduction Meeting and Quarterly Performance Review
* Attendance of all other non contractual client facings regular meetings
* Ensuring commercial risks are mitigated and managed to avoid financial penalties
* Produce informative, quality and timely internal reports, which enable the company to discharge its corporate responsibilities.
Financial & Commercial Management
* Preparation of realistic but challenging annual budget for Contract Portfolio.
* Manage actual performance against plan to ensure achievement of annual budget, taking appropriate action where necessary. Using published P&L’s.
* Ensure open financial and management reporting, ensuring any potential problems are identified early; and therefore, allowing corrective action to be put in place.
* Ensure client reconciliations are accurately prepared, presented and finalised with client.
Annual Salary £45,000 – £50,000 (subject to skills, qualifications and experience), car/car allowance, pension and other company benefits