As a Co-op store supervisor, you’ll step up into a position of responsibility. If you’ve proven yourself as a leader before, now is the time to apply. You’ll help us run our store and support some brilliant local projects by sharing our profits with our communities. It’s not just talk. It’s what we do.
What you’ll do as a Store Supervisor
To support the successful running of the store, you’ll guide your team’s learning and development and be a go-to person for advice and support. There’s a wide variety of duties to handle, including:
• being a positive role model to the team
• train and on-board colleagues
• ensuring the store is safe and secure by performing daily checks
• preparing and presenting all store products, including from the bakery
• keeping the store well stocked and looking good
• being a key holder – often opening and closing the shop
What it takes to be a Store Supervisor
This is the role for you if you’re keen to show leadership in a fast-paced environment. You need to be the kind of person who gets things done without fuss or delay. We’re also looking for:
• great organisational skills
• experience of supporting and coordinating colleagues’ daily activities
• experience of handling and resolving customer queries
• the ability to build relationships with people of all kinds
• the drive and ideas to help improve store sales
• the flexibility to work a range of shifts to support the opening times of the store
Please note, you have to be aged 18 to take on this role, as it involves authorising age-related sales.
As the perfect springboard for career progression, store supervisor is a role that combines rewards and a sense of purpose. We’ll nurture your development, while you help us foster stronger community relationships. You can also look forward to a package that features:
• a competitive rate of pay
• premium rates for any hours worked before 6am or after 10pm (and if you work on Boxing Day/Good Friday/Easter Monday)
• flexible shifts/working hours and regular overtime opportunities. We provide rotas via your mobile phone 3 weeks in advance. So, you have time to plan around your shifts.
• 10% discounts on all food products, including 20% on own brand at payday weekend
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions