About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Store Person to join our Living Places business unit to work in Sleaford, Lincolnshire.
To ensure optimum running of the Stores/ Yard and to be responsible for the issue and receipt of Materials, Specialist Plant & Components, Tools, Equipment, Consumables & PPE. Ensure that stock and plant levels are maintained in line with the business needs and deliver regular, comprehensive reports on stock levels together with early warnings on limited availability of strategic stock. Deliver/Manage the cataloguing of stock held at the project, segregation and grouping of materials and the safe disposal of redundant items.
What you’ll be doing
As a Store Person, your main responsibilities are as follows:
– To co-ordinate and manage plant & stock ensuring all administration procedures are followed, and ensuring accurate stock management.
– Regularly review supply alternatives to ensure best value is always achieved
– Liaise with operational Staff to ensure materials required for site are arranged and accessible in line with operational extended hours working
– Unload & load delivery vehicles.
– Check deliveries against advice notes and for quality, quantities & damage.
– Liaise with suppliers on the replacement/return of faulty/damaged stock
– Ordering and Issue of materials, PPE, consumables, etc.
– Hiring, acceptance and off hiring of plant and equipment.
– Management of the calibration of tools & equipment (inc Lifting)
– Security of yard ensuring access is only permitted to authorised personnel.
– Ensuring yard(s) and store is tidy at all times.
– Work collaboratively with Manager and Operational Staff
– Drive yourself and others to comply with all business policies, procedures and governance
– Support the Operational Team to ensure materials are readily available for scheme works
– Talk positively and listen actively across the business and the people within it