Assistant Site Manager – Residential Development | Essex –
The role of Assistant Site Manager, reports to the Site Manager and Heads of Construction and assists with the responsibility for managing all aspects of a construction development site, ensuring the provision of safe, efficient and cost effective works at all times, while maintaining the highest quality of work and customer service are delivered within the given timescales.
The Company: Our client builds high quality homes designed to complement the style of existing local housing in developments that meet local demand and enhance the community. They also provide homes to housing associations for social housing.
Their focus is to provide desirable, family housing across Great Britain and to provide apartments for young professionals predominantly within the London boroughs and outer borough’s.
They are currently seeking a Site Manager to oversee a Plot (TBC) involved in the construction of phase 3 of the development. The phase consists of a Train Station and 4 tower blocks, of 369 units over up to 17 stories.
About The Role:
* Support the Site Manager with the day to day running of the development and provide clear direction to those working on the construction site regarding their responsibilities and targets.
* Assist with management and implementation of health and safety procedures, working closely with Bellway Health and Safety Managers and ensure that that all aspects of health and safety are followed and adhered too.
* Motivate, support and manage directly employed site staff, providing toolbox talks, training, coaching, and support as required to improve performance.
* Ensure site presentation is maintained at the correct standard at all times.
* Support the Site Manager to deliver all aspects of production requirements in strict accordance with relevant technical and planning documentation provided and any subsequent instructions that may be necessary from time to time.
* Fully conform to building regulations and warranty providers’ requirements (NHBC, LABC Services).
* Assist the Site Manager with producing accurate production/progress returns and ensure that they are updated and sent to the Heads of Construction as requested.
* Ensure that adequate site records are maintained including but not limited to Site Managers reports, labour requirements, plant, materials, site inductions and health and safety records.
* Thoroughly inspect and ensure any remedial work is completed in advance of each NHBC key stage inspection.
* Experience of working as an Assistant Site Manager with a high volume residential house builder.
* Experience of effectively managing teams
* Up to date knowledge of health and safety and building legislation.
* GCSE Maths and English – Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
* Valid CSCS card (or equivalent).
* Valid SSSTS certificate
* Valid First Aid certificate
* Construction Management – HNC Level 4, HND desirable
* Valid Scaffold Appreciation certificate is desirable
This job was originally posted as: https://uk.whatjobs.com/coopob__cpl___755_1175386__1685?utm_source=1685&utm_medium=feed&keyword=Assistant-Site-Manager&location=Essex