Administrator / Secretary
Oakleaf Care (Hartwell) Ltd (trading as The Oakleaf Group) have been delivering neurorehabilitation to men for over 15 years, during which time the service has grown significantly to become one of the leading providers of neurorehabilitation in Northamptonshire. Specialist services are supported by the highly skilled and experienced multi-disciplinary team providing a flexible and seamless rehabilitation pathway.
In 2016 the Oakleaf Group was acquired by CareTech, a publicly owned organisation, to enhance their extensive range of specialist healthcare services to adults, young people and children throughout the UK.
The Administrator / Secretary is responsible for providing high quality clerical and administrative support to the Multidisciplinary Team at Oakleaf. In addition the Administrator / Secretary will be responsible for specific projects as directed by the Senior Management Team. The Administrator / Secretary will report directly to the Deputy Operations Director.
Our values are to be understanding, caring, nurturing and supportive. This role involves interaction with the resident group at Reception and in the service generally. You will be approachable and flexible and be able to adapt to changes. We are looking for someone with a willingness to join in and be part of a team. Experience in minute taking is essential.
* Distribute Review Reports within the agreed timescale for all residents of the Oakleaf group to Commissioners and families.
* To attend resident review meetings and produce accurate and comprehensive minutes / summaries.
* To work with the Rehabilitation Manager and Deputy Operations Director checking minutes for accuracy and true reflection of the clinical picture.
* To attend resident Core Team meetings and Best Interest meetings and produce minutes and distribute.
* To attend ad hoc meetings and produce minutes and distribute.
* To attend weekly Multidisciplinary Team meetings and produce minutes and distribute.
* To provide Reception cover, managing Incoming calls and dealing with visitors and deliveries.
* Management of stock levels of stationery and distribution of orders made by staff and re ordering of stock.
* Participate as a team member.
* To arrange and inform staff of any ad hoc meetings at the request of the Management Team.
* To type general memos, letters, reports, produce posters etc for the Multidisciplinary Team.
* Provide admin service to the Management Team as directed which may include taking minutes at confidential disciplinary meetings.
* To answer the telephone and deal with general enquiries.
* Communicate with the team any problems, difficulties.
* Maintain resident confidentiality/data protection.
* Adhere to all unit policy and procedures and maintain up to date knowledge.
* Maintain up-to-date mandatory training.
* Attend team meetings as required.
* Report any untoward incidents to the Nurse in Charge.
* Responsible for the security of allocated keys, alarms and communication equipment.
* To monitor your own educational needs, to ensure you meet the requirements of your job.
* Be prepared to undertake training for the benefit of Oakleaf.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities but reflects accurately the position of Secretary at Oakleaf.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
Caretech offer – Stakeholder Pension Scheme, employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday and Share Save
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment. The disclosure expense will be met by Caretech.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Free meals on duty and free parking