If you’re passionate, hardworking and want to work providing a quality dining experience, look no further!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to join our state of the art Bournville Gardens Retirement Village based in Birmingham, B31 2FR. You will receive a competitive hourly rate of £9.30 p/h (£5,818 pa, pro rata FTE) on a 12 hours contract, plus excellent benefits package which includes;
- Employee Assistance Programme
- BUPA and Health Sure cash plan
- 33 days holiday, including bank holidays (pro rata/FTE)
Here at ExtraCare we offer our residents access to outstanding retirement villages, promoting care and lifestyle opportunities that truly do create ‘better lives for older people’. We are committed to offering fulfilling and worthwhile careers to all our staff – enabling you to deliver the quality of service we promise.
What will you do as our Kitchen Porter?
- Basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Collect and wash up pots and pans.
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unload food and equipment deliveries.
- Keep the storeroom organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised.
In addition to keeping the kitchen sparkling clean, kitchen porters can be involved in food preparation. We might task kitchen porters with assisting the chef preparing fruits and vegetables.
Our ideal Kitchen Porter:
- May have previous experience of working in a similar environment, although training will be given.
- Might already be qualified to QCF Level 2, or equivalent, or be prepared to work towards this qualification
Bournville Gardens’ facilities include: A reception and main street with communal seating areas, Shop, Library and IT suite, Café bar and lounge, Wellbeing suite and wellbeing bathroom, Hairdressing and beauty salon, Hobby room, Craft room, Fitness suite, Enriched opportunities suite (to support people with dementia), fully accessible toilet facilities, Laundry, Lifts, and a greenhouse and village gardens
Don’t miss out! Click ‘apply’ now to make a difference to the lives of older people as our Kitchen Porter.
Closing date: 5th October 2020
ExtraCare is committed to making our recruitment practices as fair and inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes to support candidates throughout the recruitment process
ExtraCare reserve the right to close this vacancy early should the position become oversubscribed.360 Resourcing Solutions