Looking for a job or to advertise one? Gratis is here to help.
Let’s start with the reality of the situation we are in – many people have suddenly found themselves without work and most companies have stopped hiring until the current crisis is under control. Or have they?
The truth is that although many companies have suspended all recruitment activities there are those, particularly in the care and retail sectors, that continue to advertise. Take care and support for example – Home Instead Direct Payment Support Service – part of Norfolk County Council and Acorn Park and PSS are all recruiting at present.
Click on the links above to take a look.
What we are observing is some companies continuing to advertise but that interviews and start dates are subject to things getting back to normal. Still – applying for these jobs online in the first instance is unaffected.
So how can Gratis help?
Our Gratis Refer programme connects jobseekers with recruiters. If you are looking for work you can send your CV to us firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll forward your details on to employers who have registered with us and may be interested in hiring you.
We are particularly interested in people who are looking for work in the following industries –
- Health – nurses, care and support workers
- Hospitality – particularly chefs
- Construction – all trades
However, whatever you are looking for it’s worth getting in touch with us. It will cost you nothing.
Please note that we will hold your CV for a maximum of 8 weeks after which your information will be deleted from our system. You can request your details be deleted from our system at any time and if you have any questions about what we do with your personal information you should contact Managing Director, Gary Barnes via email email@example.com
Employers – if you are interested in registering with us for Gratis Refer then please contact us via email in the first instance firstname.lastname@example.org
What else can we do to help?
Is your CV fit for purpose? During the current crisis we are offering our CV writing service for just £9.95 (usual price £17.95). A professionally written CV will make all the difference when applying for jobs. Just email email@example.com and we’ll do the rest.
Some tips when applying for jobs –
- Be positive – the right job is out there for you. Don’t be disheartened if you apply for lots of great opportunities and get absolutely nowhere. You only need to land one.
- Don’t apply for too many job vacancies – apply for a select few every day and tailor each application to individual job descriptions. Better to put some effort into one or two opportunities than randomly send off a hundred speculative CVs.
- Make your applications easy to read and ensure there are no spelling or grammatical errors. Always proof read before you hit that ‘send’ button.
- Check your social media! A potential employer often will. How does your Facebook or Twitter profile look to a hiring professional?
- Know the company that you have applied to work for – research what they do and how they do it. Integrate that information into your application and, if successful, into the interview process.
- Finally – if you’re heading to an interview – don’t be nervous. Dress smartly and get there on time. Smile, be yourself and remember – you have as good a chance as anyone else; otherwise you would not have been offered an interview in the first place!
Looking for cost effective job advertising?
During the current crisis we are offering a 50% discount on the following advertising packages –
- Gratis 365 – unlimited job advertising on our website for one year £182.50 (usually £365)
- Premium 28 day listing – promoted on social media / featured on our Home Page £47.50 (usually £95)
- Standard 14 day listing – promoted on social media £22.50 (usually £45)
LIST NOW @ https://gratisjobs.com/post-a-job/
Ignore the prices on our website – your invoice will be adjusted once your listing has been posted.
Alternatively email us and we’ll list your vacancies for you (Standard and Premium only) firstname.lastname@example.org
Gratis Jobs will be continuing to operate as normal throughout this period – all of our people work from home anyway. If you would be interested in doing the same; running your own job advertising agency on our platform then take a look HERE
Stay safe everyone.