Youth Support Worker – Keys Group
*Support Workers – Leaving Care*
*Location: Weston-super-Mare, Somerset*
*Salary: £21,577 to £26,200 (£9.90-£10.70 per hour)*
*Driving License is essential and mileage allowance is paid at 37p per mile throughout your working shift*
* _(Overtime: Paid at your normal rate of pay + £1.50 per hour for hours worked over full time hours plus – £62.64 per sleep-in’s the average worker can complete 2 to 6 sleep ins per month, an additional £1,500pa-£4,500pa)_
Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding career? We are looking for energetic, proactive candidates who have the passion and drive to support young people aged 16-24 years who are moving in to our leaving care provisions across the country.
We offer various packages of support for our young people, these may be small outreach support packages or short-term packages of support where we work and sleep in their homes whilst they adjust to independent living.
Our team support young people with learning to become independent from shopping to paying bills and applying and progressing in to further education / employment.
*If this sounds like a fun rewarding job to you, then get in touch!*
· Are you motivated, determined and resilient?
· Are you flexible and able to adapt to different situations?
· Do you want to help the young people we support to fulfil their potential?
· Are you able to work shifts and sleep-ins?
· Do you have a full UK driving license and access to a vehicle?
· Happy to travel as part of your role to different locations, usually within an hour’s travel.
*If you can answer yes then apply to join our team!*
You will be supported to gain vocational qualifications which will help to ensure you can carry out your work to the very highest standard, provide unmatched levels of support, as well enhancing your pay and career progression.
*What we can offer to you!*
· Progressive “real living wage” pay scale
· Mileage and travel time paid
· Company laptop, mobile phone and email address
· Entitlement to 28 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
· Enrolment onto vocational qualification courses.
· Access to in house training
· Access to a voluntary benefit, including discounts at cinemas, restaurants and retail.
· Enrolment into the NEST Pension scheme.
· Refer a Friend scheme – recommend a friend to come and work with Keys and you’ll earn a £500 bonus! (Subject to requirements)
· Long service awards
· Enhanced DBS Check paid for by Keys Group.
Enhanced Overtime Rate.
*Please apply online and we will contact you to discuss in further detail – Link below*
Keys Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Keys Group brings together three of the UK’s leading and longest-established providers of specialist education, care and activities; Accomplish, Keys and Peak. The organisation provides specialist support and education for more than 2,000 children, young people, adults and families in services and schools across England and Wales.
Specialist residential and supported living services for adults with a learning disability, autism, mental health needs and acquired brain injury are provided throughout England and Wales by *Accomplish.*
*Keys* offers education and care services for children, young people and families across England and Wales through its specialist schools, residential children’s homes, activity and intervention and leaving care services, adult resource centre and family assessment centres.
Activities are offered by *Peak* through its seven specialist adventure centres including water sports, treetop and climbing centres, across England
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,577.00-£26,200.00 per year
* 10 hour shift
* 12 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Care: 1 year (required)
* Driving Licence (required)
* United Kingdom (required)
Willingness to travel:
* 100% (required)
£21,577.00 to £26,200.00 per year