Youth Justice Officer
We’re on a journey to shape the future of youth justice in our three counties and we want you to be part of it. We value difference and believe in creating an inclusive working environment where our employees feel safe to make suggestions and voice their opinions.
West Mercia Youth Justice Service operates across Herefordshire, Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin and Worcestershire, covering a youth population of approximately 112,800 (10 to 17 year olds). The service is hosted by the Office of the West Mercia Police and Crime Commissioner on behalf of the four local authorities and is currently the only youth justice service in such a hosting arrangement nationally. Services are delivered from multi-disciplinary teams aligned to the four local authority areas.
The main purpose of the Youth Justice Officer – Substance Misuse is to manage a caseload and co-ordinate high quality delivery of direct work with children, young people, their families and the victims of youth crime with the principal aim of preventing offending.
- The Youth Justice Officer is an office based role
- Part time position 18.5 hours refer to shift pattern for which an allowance will be paid
The closing date for this post is 12 noon on Wednesday 20th September 2023.
Why work for us?
- Annual leave, starting at 24 days and increasing to 33 after 5 years’ service (dependant on grade) + bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Health and wellbeing, occupational health services, staff network and PAM assist.
- Police Mutual, affordable private healthcare and other savings.
- Gym membership discounts.
- Register for a Blue light card – over 15,000 discounts from large national retailers.
To read more about the added benefits and rewards of working for West Mercia Youth Justice Service please go to the West Mercia Police website.
- We embrace diversity and welcome applications from everyone.
- We are also happy to talk flexible working where it is suitable for the role.
If you require any support to complete your application or you have any questions please contact the recruitment team on
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQxMzE1MzkxNi18LTE0NS18LTU=