Are you an experienced Yard or Warehouse Operative?
Do you have Counter-Balance Forklift Licence?
Do you live within a commutable distance of Maxwell Road, South side Glasgow?
Jewson Glasgow Timber is hiring now for a Yard Operative, working full time hours
Basic salary + Pension + Life Assurance + 33 days holiday per year + Opportunity to progress your career
As this role is working in the warehouse and yard, you’ll often be working outside, so this is a great job for people who love to be outdoors. Full work wear and PPE is supplied.
As a Yard Operative you will have one of the most important roles within the branch network. You will regularly be the first and last point of contact for customers visiting the branch so you play a huge part in delivering a fantastic customer experience as well as promoting and maximising sales.
To support the team, you will;
- Welcome customers to the branch and take an active interest in their projects
- Get to know our product lines so you can offer advice and help to customers
- Making the most of all customer interactions
- Help to prepare customer orders, load and unload customer and supplier vehicles using a Fork Lift Truck to minimise manual handling (training will be provided)
- Maintain stock levels in both the shop and yard areas, carrying out regular stock counts
- Make Health & Safety a priority and demonstrate how you can keep yourself and others safe at work
Branch Opening Hours
MONDAY TO FRIDAY 730AM – 5PM
ALTERNATE SATURDAYS 8AM – 12 NOON
This role is working with Jewson part of the STARK Group. We are a leading building materials distributor in Northern Europe. We connect suppliers of heavy building materials with the professional craftsmen who build, renovate, and maintain the cities of tomorrow.
At STARK Group, we have a strong culture that is built on passionate and dedicated people who thrive in taking responsibility and challenging status quo. We are convinced that our continued success relies on the diverse skills, experiences, and backgrounds that our employees bring to their everyday work.
The value of equal opportunity is embedded in the way we do business and retain talent groupwide. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome everyone with respect and an open mind.
We’d love to hear from you, hit apply! And a member of our Internal Recruitment team will be in contact with you.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQxMzE1NTYxNS18LTE0NS18LTU=