Workshop & Field Service Electrical Engineer
Field Service Electrical Engineer
£33K to £K + £3.600 Travel Allowance
Gap Professional are currently working with a leading Engineering service company based in Wickford and due to business growth, we are currently recruiting for a Workshop & Field Service Electrical Engineer to work within the Southeast of the UK.
Duties for the Field Service Electrical Engineer will include:
• Diagnose and repair electrical problems in commercial and heavy industry electrical systems, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring
• Conduct routine maintenance and testing on commercial and heavy industry electrical systems, and ensure installations are to manufacturer standards
• The ability to read electrical drawings, although full training will be provided for our specific requirements.
• Rewire faulty electrical systems to a high standard
• Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with building codes, and follows safety requirements
• Work alone to find and present faults and concerns in electrical systems without receiving explicit direction
• Provide exceptional customer service and answer any customer questions
• Install electrical systems to 18th edition wiring regulations.
• Provide professional assessments and advice for customers
• Possess working knowledge of IEE regulations, City & Guilds 2360 and 2382 qualifications, and inspection and testing certificate (2391)
• Previous experience of electrical testing, installation scopes, faulty finding.
• When required assist and lead planned projects and outages as directed by peers.
• Effectively manage work schedule.
Preferred applicant profile for our Field Service Electrical Engineer will include:
• A full driving license, preferably clean.
• Be self-motivated to work individually but adaptable to work as part of a team.
• Able to communicate in a clear, concise, logical manner both verbally and written.
• Served a recognised Electrical Indentured Apprenticeship.
• Fault finding, repair, installation and commissioning experience.
• Good customer service skills.
• Have a good level of fitness due to the physical demands of the job.
• Be able to pass security clearances.
• Have a flexible and positive outlook.
• Be available for call out.
• Flexibility to work away from home when needed.
• Have relevant knowledge, training and experience within heavy engineering sectors specific to the requirements under roles and responsibilities.
Desirable Technical Skills for our Field Service Electrical Engineer will include:
• 1-4 CompEx Trained.
• Previous experience; Power generation sector prime movers and BOP.
• High voltage systems
• Electrical maintenance activities such as trace heating installation or testing, motor installation and testing
• Electrical Actuator testing.
In return for your hard work (Electrical Engineer) you will receive:
•£33,000 to £36,000 depending on qualifications and experience, plus £3,600 Travel Allowance.
• Company van fully kitted out + fuel card.
• 28 days Annual holidays + statutory/ bank holidays.
• 40-hour week during normal office hours Monday – Friday.
• Out of hours call outs (1 in 5) will be a part of this role.
• Vehicle, uniform, PPE, mobile phone and tools will be provided.
• Uncapped overtime structure.
• Statutory Pension Scheme. (Company pay 3%)
• Training and Development Opportunities
If you have the skills for the Field Service Electrical Engineer position and would like discuss further please call Debbie Gilmour at Gap Professional (Southend Branch) on (phone number removed).
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your
38 Days Holiday, Pension, Van & Petr