I’M LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT PERSON TO FILL A LONG-TERM FULL-TIME PERMANENT POSITION (1 WEEK ON/1 WEEK OFF) WHICH WILL OFFER GREAT JOB SECURITY!
As a full-time powered wheelchair user, I’m looking for an extremely reliable, caring, easy-going, mature (in terms of understanding what a responsible position this is), fairly conscientious and fun person to join my small team of Personal Assistants (PAs), working 1:1 with me to assist me to live independently in my own home in Norwich, starting 29th September 2021.
Experience isn’t essential as training will be given, but you will need to be able to pick up new (seemingly complicated at first) routines/tasks quickly and not be phased by things that are new to you. The shifts are one week on/one week off (Wednesday to Wednesday) during which time you will be required to live-in, in separate self-contained PA accommodation.
My physical impairment means that I need to have pretty much every aspect of daily living – including personal care, domiciliary tasks and accompanying/driving me when socialising (to name but a few) – done for me. Basically everything you do for yourself I need a PA to do for or with me.
I normally have a fairly busy social life* – I co-run and regularly perform in a local improv comedy group, as well as a Musical Theatre improv group. I also co-run and host a monthly cabaret show, and I also like to act and sing. I like attending the theatre and also have a season ticket to watch Norwich City play (also often a drama) – so if these are things you are into, would be interested in getting into, then that may be a bonus (although not essential obviously).
*Obviously this has been curtailed somewhat by the COVID-19 lockdown and no doubt will be for a few months more.
QUALITIES I NEED FROM YOU…
YOU NEED TO BE:
– PRIMARILY able to commit to an extremely responsible position that may initially seem quite difficult, in terms of learning how to physically assist me (i.e. my condition and its physical limitations) and pick up what can initially seem like complicated routines.
– a safe and confident manual gearshift driver who enjoys driving – DRIVING ME AROUND IN MY OWN ADAPTED VEHICLE IS A VITAL PART OF THE ROLE, SO PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CANNOT DRIVE A MANUAL GEARSHIFT VEHICLE!
– able to pick up routines fairly quickly whilst being aware you won’t get everything straightaway.
– happy with taking care of my dog.
– flexible, patient and extremely open-minded.
– based fairly locally (preferably within 100 miles/2 hours of Norwich).
– a non-smoker.
– willing to be DBS checked at an enhanced level.
– physically fit with no history of back problems or chronic illness.
– able to speak & comprehend English fluently.
– able to work in the UK post-Brexit (sorry).
– able to be vegetarian/pescatarian during your working shift.
– comfortable socialising but also able to occupy yourself during downtime.
– sincere and empathetic.
– emotional stability.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM ME:
– a permanent job with a salary of £160 per day which includes £5 expenses.
– 20 paid holiday days per year.
– enrolment onto a pension scheme.
– fully self-contained accommodation (during your working shifts only).
– plenty of fun and no doubt a bit of drama.
– opportunities to broaden your social horizons.
If this sounds like it could be for you then please get in touch, letting me know about you and any relevant experience/qualities (although as already stated experience isn’t essential) and telling me as much as you can about you. A CV/resumé/NVQs are okay but information about you as a person is much more useful to me.
NB. IF YOU DON’T PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF, OR STATE WHEREABOUTS YOU ARE LOCATED (IF YOU ARE NOT IN NORWICH), THEN I HAVE NOTHING TO GO ON AND THEREFORE CANNOT RESPOND. THANK YOU.
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!
Expected start date: 29th September 2021
Salary: £1,120.00 per week
Being classed as an extremely vulnerable person I require my PAs to be vaccinated against Covid 19. If you haven’t already been so I can arrange this for you.
Ideally located in or around Norwich, or within 2 hours/100 miles travel. Is
English (and understands) fluently. (required)
Full Manual Gearshift Driving Licence (required)
To apply for this job email your details to Norwich_PA@tiscali.co.uk.