Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4pm
LINQ Recruitments global Freight Forwarding client combines freight services, supplies, information management and added value into integrated solutions. As part of their group, our client supports capacity to offer customers one partner to solve their supply chain challenges worldwide. It has revenues of 2 billion euro’s and more than 5000 employees working in 45 countries around the world.
Objective/Purpose of Role:
Working as part of the Warehouse team, the Warehouse Operative will be responsible for the delivery of an effective and efficient service to the business.
To ensure that all warehouse duties are carried out correctly, accurately, and safely. To ensure adherence to the CAA, TAPA & physical security regulations always.
always Ensuring compliance to Health & Safety policies. That housekeeping guidelines are maintained
That HMRC, GDP and IATA regulations are adhered to.
* To carry out all warehouse activities in accordance with standard operating procedures and statutory regulations
* To manage the sequential flow of consignments arriving, locating, and departing freight/product maintaining a 100% level of accuracy, robustness, safety, and security.
* To ensure all safe systems of work are followed.
* To ensure all daily work schedules are completed in line with approved warehouse procedures and deadlines.
* To ensure that all data recorded within the Warehouse is accurate, legible, and correct always. Ensuring company systems are updated as per standard operating procedures.
* To ensure that all Customs policies and procedures are always adhered to.
* To ensure Health & Safety policy is always adhered to.
* Responsible and Accountable to ensure company property and tools are looked after and always used correctly and safely.
* To ensure that all forklifts and other equipment accredited to the warehouse are used in accordance with the training received.
* To ensure that instructions from your line manager/supervisor are always carried out effectively and efficiently in the interest of the business.
* Ensure that you challenge any unauthorised persons entering the warehouse premises
* To ensure that this area is always kept clean and tidy in accordance with the Health & Safety regulations and housekeeping guidelines.
Necessary Technical / Functional Skills
* Previous experience of warehouse operations
* Self-Motivated and can-do Attitude
* Clear verbal and written communication skills
* To work effectively as an individual and a member of a team by cooperating and supporting colleagues in the workplace
* Knowledge and understanding of how Logistics or other large airfreight organisations operate
* Knowledge of import/export/Logistics procedures
* Excellent understanding of freight industry security processes
* Complete understanding of TAPA, CAA, MHRA HMRC and IATA regulations.
* To deal politely, efficiently, and courteously with a wide range of individuals, ensuring they feel supported, listened to, welcome and confident in the handling of their enquiry.
Please apply with your CV and if successful, you will be called for an immediate telephone interview. Following that will be a face-to-face interview