Twilight Recovery Support Worker
Rehab Support Worker – Twilight shift
To work as a member of our Multidisciplinary Care Team in maintaining and delivering a high standard of holistic resident care from 17:30 to midnight 3 – 4 days per week.
* Responsible for maintaining a safe environment in accordance with all Health and Safety, Infection Control, COSHH and other Government Legislation.
* Assist qualified staff in care delivery as directed.
* Monitoring and ensuring appropriate use of all stocks and supplies.
* Ensuring the fabric, general cleanliness and integrity of the building, fixtures and fittings is maintained to a high standard.
* Ensure you are fully aware and operate within all policies and procedures, regularly updating knowledge of any changes.
* Responsible for the security of all keys, alarms and communication equipment and that these are carried at the directed times.
* Assist in the maintenance of unit cleaning on a daily basis where required and act in covering the unit support services staff (cleaners) when absent from unit.
* Carry out responsibilities with due regard to the units equal opportunities and diversity policy.
* Ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard and in accordance with current quality initiatives within this area of work.
* To act at all times in a professional manner, as an ambassador of excellence for The Oakleaf Group.
* Work with the Multidisciplinary team in maintaining the CQC Inspections and the National Service frameworks minimum standards.
* To be aware of the responsibility of all employees to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all residents, visitors and staff.
* To maintain flexibility in working in order to deliver all residents’ care packages and in meeting their needs.
* Keep accurate and up-to-date residents information, recordings and general records.
* Maintain all unit specific logs and records.
* Assist in the assessment and care planning for residents.
* Maintain own personal information and records.
* Record untoward accidents, incidents and events for residents, colleagues and self.
* Be up to date and aware of all residents Care plans, Care needs and Risk assessments.
* Maintain an up to date knowledge of all company policy and procedures.
* Communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team.
* Assist in daily handovers of information.
* Assist in discussions and meetings in relation to residents and the team.
* Communicate to families, relatives and other professionals as directed.
* Responsible for reporting any perceived concerns relating to residents’ physical or mental health to qualified staff.
* Maintain resident confidentiality/data protection in line with unit and policy.
* To take direction from senior community support workers with qualified professionals.
* Attend regular scheduled team meetings.
* Report/action any maintenance repairs and/or risks.
* Act on and report any cleaning issues or poor standards.
To work within guidelines of all care plans and risk assessments.
Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of resident’s information.
Read relevant reports and communication aids.
To assist in delivering personal care to residents whilst respecting privacy, dignity and personal boundaries.
To assist medical staff in consultation as directed.
To promote residents choice and equality.
To be fully aware of all emergency procedures.
To assist qualified staff where required in administration of medication, along with medical procedures.
To monitor, record and assist in residents’ daily intake of food and fluid.
To share any relevant knowledge with others, both informally and formally with the support of senior staff.
To monitor and develop your own educational needs and to ensure you are able to meet the requirements of your job role.
Be prepared to undertake training to the benefit of delivery of care at Oakleaf.
Assist new staff in the handover of knowledge.
Attend and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all mandatory training and other unit in-house training as prescribed.
Flexibility in hours to ensure all training requirements are met.
Oakleaf Care (Hartwell) Ltd (trading as The Oakleaf Group) have been delivering neurorehabilitation to men for over 15 years, during which time the service has grown significantly to become one of the leading providers of neurorehabilitation in Northamptonshire. Specialist services are supported by the highly skilled and experienced multi-disciplinary team providing a flexible and seamless rehabilitation pathway.
In 2016, the Oakleaf Group was acquired by CareTech, a publicly owned organisation, to enhance their extensive range of specialist healthcare services to adults, young people and children throughout the UK.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
Upholding the values of the organisation: PERSON-CENTRED FRIENDLY INNOVATIVE POSITIVE EMPOWERING.
Caretech offer – Stakeholder Pension Scheme, employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday and Share Save
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment. The disclosure expense will be met by Caretech.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
You may be aware of new regulations, which require that anyone entering a CQC-regulated care home in England to be fully vaccinated subject to certain exemptions.
The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 were made on 22nd July and come into force on 11th November 2021
Free parking and meals on duty