Transport Coordinator | Crick, Northamptonshire | £23,000 | Development Opportunity
Are you a motivated, organised individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
* To co-ordinate all transport operations and ensure relevant legislation is adhered to
* Support the development of processes to manage freight movements and demonstrate control over carriers utilised ensuring service quality
* Contact drivers to understand delays, manage any ad-hoc issues, and escalate where appropriate.
* Responsible for updating and maintaining data on the transport management system.
* Pre Brief and De-brief drivers on the plan versus actual routes, noting and investigating any discrepancies.
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
* The ability to plan and execute logistical solutions
* An excellent telephone manner and experience in customer service
* Experience in sales
* Good IT skills
* Have, or be able to develop, expertise in the technical details of the transport you are booking space in
* Flexibility and the ability to deliver solutions in a calm and pro-active way under pressure
* 4 on 4 off rotating days shift pattern