Trainee Animal Technician
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Trainee Animal Technician to work at their animal facility in Cambridgeshire. The successful candidate will carry out daily animal husbandry tasks and ensure high standards of welfare in a research environment. The company carries out research for development of human medicines, vaccines, medical devices, as well as for the clinical research and development of companion animal pharmaceuticals.
* 5 GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent qualification including Mathematics and English.
* Level 2 Diploma in Animal Management.
* Experience in routine animal husbandry and animal handling.
* A high level of communication and listening skills.
* A humane approach to the care of animals and a genuine passion for their welfare.
* Awareness and responsibility of own and colleagues Health and Safety within the unit.
* Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment in their own performance and take responsibility for own actions.
* Maintain high standards of hygiene in order to preserve the health status of the animal barrier.
* Full driving licence and own transport is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conduct daily animal husbandry duties, including feeding, watering, cleaning, animal handling and animal observations as directed by the team leader.
* Complete daily monitoring and reporting of the animal unit environment including temperatures, and the security and suitability of animal housing.
* Maintain animal welfare, animal barrier status and hygiene standards by following standard operating procedures.
* Notify team leader regarding any suspected or recorded problems in relation to animal welfare or unit environment.
* To follow all policies, work instructions, operating procedures and quality documents.
* Conduct cleaning and maintaining animal rooms, associated areas and equipment, in accordance with work instructions.
* Completion of all relevant departmental records, including day books, production data reports and stock availability records.
* Perform other tasks that fall within the job holder’s ability, competence and experience, when requested by the team leader, or other members of the management team as required.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, an essential part of Agenda's recruitment process