Oakleaf Care (Hartwell) Ltd (trading as The Oakleaf Group) have been delivering neurorehabilitation to men for over 15 years, during which time the service has grown significantly to become one of the leading providers of neurorehabilitation in Northamptonshire. Specialist services are supported by the highly skilled and experienced multi-disciplinary team providing a flexible and seamless rehabilitation pathway.
In 2016 the Oakleaf Group was acquired by CareTech, a publicly owned organisation, to enhance their extensive range of specialist healthcare services to adults, young people and children throughout the UK.
The Oakleaf Group are seeking to recruit a full-time Therapy Assistant at our Hartwell/Northampton site.
Therapy Assistants work as an integral part of the Therapy Team. The role involves the planning, carrying out and evaluation of therapy programmes, running sessions and the allocation/organisation of staff to ensure the successful implementation of the day-to-day programme.
There will also be an onus on delivering group sessions, so applicants must possess the confidence to manage and carry these out successfully.
The successful candidates will liaise with nursing staff/unit management to highlight any possible therapy needs and ensure this information is relayed to the unit therapy team and the Rehabilitation Manager.
Therapy Assistants will be responsible for involvement within therapeutic personal morning hygiene routines working towards maximising functional independence.
Although the position is designated for our Hartwell site there maybe the occasional period where the successful applicant may be asked to work across any of the Northampton locations currently operated by The Oakleaf Group therefore a full driving licence is desirable.
To work as a member of our multidisciplinary care team. The Therapy Assistant is expected to liaise with the Nursing team members and the therapy team members to ensure the effective running of activities as part of the resident’s daily timetable. This role reports to the unit leads and the therapy team.
* Responsible for assisting in maintaining a safe environment in accordance with all Health and Safety, Infection Control, COSHH, and other government legislation.
* Monitoring levels, ordering of resources and equipment related specific programmes on a group or individual basis, programme specific.
* Ensuring the fabric and integrity of the building, fixtures and fittings is maintained to a high standard.
* Ensure you are fully aware and operate within all policies and procedures, regularly updating knowledge of any changes.
* Responsible for the security of all keys, alarms and communication equipment and that these are carried at the directed times.
* Carry out responsibilities with due regard to the units equal opportunities and diversity policy.
* Ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard and in accordance with current quality initiatives within this area of work.
* To act at all times in a professional manner, role model – as an ambassador of excellence for The Oakleaf Group.
* Work with the multidisciplinary team in maintaining the Commission for Social Care Inspections and the National Service frameworks minimum standards.
* To meet requested tasks and deadlines as defined by the unit’s leads and Therapy department members including the Registered/General Manager.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
Upholding the values of the organisation: PERSON-CENTRED FRIENDLY INNOVATIVE POSITIVE EMPOWERING.
Caretech offer – Stakeholder Pension Scheme, employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday and Share Save
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment. The disclosure expense will be met by Caretech.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
You may be aware of new regulations, which require that anyone entering a CQC-regulated care home in England to be fully vaccinated subject to certain exemptions.
The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 were made on 22nd July and come into force on 11th November 2021
Meals on duty and free parking