Proving Test Engineer
Job Title: Proving Test Engineer – Test/Validation
Location: GED-UK, Peterborough
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to
– Adhere to the Organisation &;s health and safety policy and safe working practices.
– Adhere to the Values in Action: Integrity, Commitment, Excellence, Teamwork &
– Progress from learning and assisting others to fully contributing. At this level, the Engineer will begin
partnering with and providing technical guidance within and between units and other teams.
– Gather relevant information, analyse data, identify relationships and predict and managing failures is
critical to the role
– Collaborating with team members and other teams and keeping abreast of advancing technology.
– Work in any number of functional areas requiring an engineering degree, including, but not limited
to, product design, development, research, quality, reliability, materials, manufacturing process,
application and installation, product performance/support, service, and facilities.
– Individuals may have multiple assignments during their tenure which may require the Engineer to
review the work of technicians or other support personnel, provide technical advice to individuals at
various levels in the organization and work with another unit or team. Assignments will become more
complex and require the Engineer to assume a significant role, either as an individual contributor or
as part of a project team, with increasing emphasis on analysing, identifying, and applying
engineering techniques to solve problems and make recommendations.
– Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all of the following:
– Evaluate new products, processes, or systems.
– Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units.
– Contribute to the design of new products and processes.
– Perform product and process maintenance.
– Collaborate with and support other engineers, managers, customers and suppliers and
represent the company externally.
-Manage the install and testing of engines in existing machines and Generator Sets (Gensets)
with involvement in the software signoff of the specific application.
– Manage their own development, continuously learning through experience. Key learning should be
rounded out during this tenure, including knowledge of Caterpillar product performance and
applications, understanding of customers' needs and working knowledge of key processes.
– Effectively manage several projects simultaneously.
– Operate a multitude of different off-highway vehicles including but not limited to, Hydraulic
Excavators, Back-hoe Loaders, Telehandlers, Track Type Tractors where required.
– Diagnose and fix a range of faults on both engine and machine.
– Work from engineering drawings (electrical, mechanical and hydraulic)
– Produce electrical looms to interface engine and machine.
– Travel to various off site test and development facilities both CAT owned and 3 rd Party (some
– Keep the work area clean, tidy and safe in line with 5S and total preventative maintenance (TPM)
– Undertake training and further learning as required.
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
– Good machine/engine hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and diagnostic/problem solving skills.
– Previous experience or knowledge of the use and operation of Gensets.
– Previous experience in the use of CANape is desirable.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business