Join Our Team as a Test Analyst here in Liverpool – A Pivotal Role in Quality Assurance
Clearance Requirement: Successful Candidates must have 5 years consecutive stay in the UK to undergo SC clearance
Location: This is a hybrid role, initially 3 days on-site until the successful passing of probation
Exciting Opportunity in Quality Assurance: Test Analyst Required
We are seeking a qualified and motivated individual to fill the role of Test Analyst within our organisation. This role is crucial for ensuring the integrity and reliability of our software products at various points throughout their development. As a Test Analyst, you will play a central role in meticulously analysing software systems, designing effective test strategies, and executing comprehensive test plans. Your responsibilities will encompass identifying and documenting defects, collaborating closely with development teams to resolve issues, and contributing to the continuous improvement of our software testing processes. You will be instrumental in maintaining and enforcing quality in our software releases, fostering a culture of quality assurance, and ultimately enhancing the overall user experience for our clients.
Come and be a part of The Investigo Group (TIG), a dynamic coalition of cutting-edge tech firms specialising in Platform, Software, Data, AI and other bleeding-edge technology solutions. Our innovative prowess spans the globe while proudly hailing from the United Kingdom.
The group is multi-functional with a large portfolio of B2B products and services.
Our ecosystem is made up of: IIS, Providing secure internet access in both the public and private sectors. Its mission? To deliver world-class secure internet capabilities enhancing productivity across diverse skillsets and organisations. Vestigo Consulting is our training and consultancy company, tailored around specialist sector-specific knowledge, and provides regular courses and CPD for our community. The Consultancy side concentrates on expert support of our customers as well as specifically assigned individual deployments. CollaborAIte is a bleeding-edge company that provides our Data and AI capability. A collaborative partner for designing user-centred secure data solutions to overcome operational hurdles, delivered through design thinking and agile coaching.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are at the heart of The Investigo Group (TIG). We’re dedicated to creating a workplace where people from all backgrounds are not only welcome but empowered to excel. We actively seek diverse talent, promote fairness, and foster an inclusive environment where every voice matters, driving innovation and progress in our dynamic tech community.
The group provides bespoke, secure, user-centric products fuelled by deep technical knowledge advanced data and analytical skills.
We proudly stand as a global leader in this space, partnering with esteemed entities that require these advanced forward-thinking capabilities. These partnerships have been forged from our understanding of customer challenges, as well as our expertise in developing world-leading enterprise product sets.
Join us at TIG, where innovation knows no bounds, and together, we’ll shape the future of technology solutions for a safer, more efficient world.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Test Analyst to join our team at The Investigo Group. As a Test Analyst, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of our software products through thorough testing and analysis. You will work closely with the development and product teams to understand requirements and create effective test strategies.
Your Impact as a Test Analyst:
As a Test Analyst in our QA department, you will be instrumental in ensuring the quality and reliability of our software products. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing comprehensive test plans and cases.
- Collaborating with developers and other stakeholders to understand and meet project requirements.
- Identifying, analysing, and documenting software defects, and working closely with development teams to resolve these issues.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of our software testing processes.
- Mentoring and guiding junior members of the QA team.
What are the deliverables?
Ultimately, the deliverable is an active and on-going contribution to the quality of our software, through thorough and efficient testing, and continuous improvement of testing strategies and processes.
Who are the stakeholders?
The stakeholders are those other team members, both technical and non-technical, who work together with the QA team in the delivery of our software projects, such as: Development teams, Agile/Scrum leaders, DevOps & Platform teams, Business Analysts, and Client Managers.
What does success in this role look like?
Success in this role demonstrates a range of practices and behaviours which ultimately drive key contributions to our delivery of quality software in a highly efficient and organised manner.
Some examples are proactive and efficient testing of software features and fixes; development and implementation of thorough and effective test plans; expedient and transparent management of defects raised, consistent and fluent engagement with other project stakeholders.
Why Join Us?
Our team is a growing mix of on-site and remote professionals, dedicated to delivering quality software and continually refining our processes.
About the Team:
Our Development and QA teams work very closely together with the aims of successfully delivering quality software, and continually improving our internal processes and procedures. Although we currently work according to the Agile/Scrum methodology, we are always willing to adapt our ways of working to help us better achieve our goals. Across our teams, we have accumulated a varied wealth of knowledge and experience, and we prefer not to set any firm technical boundaries in terms of the tools that we use to build our solutions. We believe in having the flexibility to find, or create, the best tool for the job.
- A collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Opportunities for professional growth and learning.
- A flexible approach to remote and on-site work.
- The chance to work with a diverse set of technologies and tools.
Who Are We Looking For?
We value diversity in experience and skills, and we’re particularly interested in individuals who:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or a related field (not essential).
- Have 2 to 5 years of experience in software testing.
- Possess technical skills such as advanced operating system knowledge, familiarity with UI automation tools (like Selenium), and experience with Agile/Scrum tools.
- Are adept at both written and verbal communication, and excel in time management and adaptability.
- Computer science qualifications or industry-recognised software testing accreditations are highly valued. These may include:
- ISTQB certificates (Foundation/Advanced/Agile Tester)
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- CSTE certification by QAI
Education & Experience:
- Education: Formal education is not strictly required; we prioritise industry experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of industry experience is preferred.
- Experience in specific business sectors like OSINT, social media, information security, or data is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Proficiency as an advanced user of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Familiarity and confidence with basic office and data tools for managing test data.
- Experience with UI automation tools, such as Selenium.
- Basic programming/scripting knowledge.
- Experience in using test management tools like TestRail or Zephyr.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum tools such as Atlassian Jira, Trello, Microsoft Azure DevOps.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience in specialized areas of software testing (accessibility, security, performance testing).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for effective collaboration.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Adaptability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Professionalism and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Analytical and logical mindset.
- Methodical and innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Commitment to quality and excellence.
- Openness and honesty in communication.
We offer an engaging and supportive work environment where you can grow professionally. If you meet these qualifications and are excited about making a significant impact in software quality assurance, we encourage you to apply for this position. Join us in our mission to deliver outstanding software solutions!
Please note: We believe in the strength of diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of their background. If you do not meet all the listed criteria but believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we strongly encourage you to apply. Our team values diverse perspectives and is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can contribute and succeed.
- Life Assurance – 4 x salary for all employees
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Hybrid working policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Paid volunteering scheme
- Team building days and social events
- Training budget
- Annual business and performance-related bonus
Equal Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly believe in treating all applicants and employees fairly and respectfully, ensuring equal opportunities at every stage of the recruitment process.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQ4MTMwNjE4NC18LTE0NS18LTcw