Join us and help deliver the exceptional, every day.
Candidates must be HV approved as a minimum with strong people management background.
Responsible for the provision of technical expertise on various aspects of M&E and fabric activities. Analyse available data by utilising the business CAFM systems, work with both internal and BBC operational teams to develop improved working practices in order to secure operational and cost efficiencies. You may be asked as part of the role to cover additional sites as and when required.
Manage and deliver the statutory compliance and planned preventative maintenance (PPM) regime in order to improve overall performance. Carry out on-site training with field-based operatives to improve technical capabilities.
Keep abreast of technological advances within specialist fields and make recommendations for enhanced use of technology to support continuous development and performance improvement. Attend BBC meetings and represent the company at handover meetings.
Produce and develop comprehensive Technical written reports to support on-site findings. Review and develop a parts replacement strategy to improve the lifecycle of the plant.
Be commercially aware of actions and have a “challenge” mentality. Management and policing of JAF submissions (out of scope chargeable works).
Management and Development of Field Engineer Supervisor.
- Maintenance and ensuring adherence of the PPM regime and Statutory Compliance Programme (SCP), generating ideas for customer satisfaction and commercial improvement. Management of the remedial activity underpinning these activities
- Manage, coordinate and issue all PPMs to your team in order to achieve the agreed SLA’s and conformity to SCP.
- Collate and interrogate management information data surrounding PPMs, reactive call volumes and reasons, in order to make informed recommendations surrounding the PPM schedule and the reduction of reactive works.
- Review historical trends in line with future events and requirements to identify the allocation of resources and planned works.
- Adopt and foster a one-team approach by liaising with the service delivery teams and other TSM’s to ensure the whole team, including that of your own, complete and achieve KPIs and SLAs.
- Monitor and manage the use of handheld technology (PDA) by encouraging usage in real-time with clear accurate notes.
- Updating Asset Registers when equipment is replaced as part of Life Cycle or Small Works Programme for the Region.
- Review and interrogate the data derived from the automated scheduling systems with particular focus to exceptions.
- Liaise with Site Security where required in advance of planned visits and comply with their instructions, maintaining key and site security.
- Maintain adherence to the BBC’s code/rules of conduct.
- Participate in the Health and Safety guidelines of the Company and report to Management and QSHE regarding any dangers; hazards or other defects/issues that may be encountered.
- To be empowered and to empower your direct reports to cease works that may breach Health and Safety and place the welfare of others at risk.
- Develop an effective working relationship with the National Service Centre (NSC); understand the impact of the NSC on your team’s activities and performance and to actively seek and feedback opportunities for improvements.
- Establish good working relationships with the BBC in order to be recognised as the natural go-to person and a trusted partner.
- Undertake other tasks or requests as required from time to time to maintain and improve the service provision.
- Carry out regular site audits and provide regular on-site support to the team as required.
- Provide your team with the training, support, guidance and tools to enable them to ensure the Technicians are using correct methods and procedures, including Health and Safety requirements.
- Recruit, induct and develop talent in order to increase the effectiveness and performance of the team.
- Identifies, utilises and integrates team members’ strengths to produce improved results.
- Create an environment where people processes (for example, performance management, development) are used effectively to improve team members’ performance and achieve desired results throughout their own area.
- Ensure personal achievement and development plans are implemented for all direct reports, ensuring training and development requirements are implemented.
- Ongoing communications with your team including formal meetings and toolbox talks to ensure all team members are using the latest QSHE techniques and principles to ensure what is expected of them within their roles.
- Encourage, coach, support and manage the effective performance of people and develop them to meet the contract requirements.
- Represent the Region in the Handover of all new refurbishments to Mitie which will involve the management of BBC Sub-Contractors in line with the policy.
- The use of pictorial evidence and technical knowledge will result in fewer Reactive calls to the NSC.
What we are looking for
- Undertakes a minimum of 3 monthly audits to ensure compliance to Building Log regulations (eg Asbestos), verifies that Sub Contractors are duly complying with WO requirements and that ALL staff are working safely
- Action-orientation – Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action and see them through with the assistance of your Line Manager.
- Planning and organising – Organises and schedules events, and activates resources. Monitors timescales and plans, be able to produce a CAP (corrective action plan).
- Specialist knowledge – Understands technical or professional aspects of work and continually maintains technical knowledge. This information is to be shared with the Regional Team at monthly meetings via Toolbox Talks or other means available.
- Resilience – Maintains effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure. Remains calm, stable and in control of themselves, but feel confident in asking for assistance when needs arise.
- Oral communication – Speaks clearly, fluently & in a manner suitable to the relevant audience.
- Written communication – Writes in a clear & concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
- Problem-solving & analysis – Analyses issues & break them down into their component parts. Makes systematic & rational judgements based on relevant information and fact-based solutions.
- Flexibility – Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions. MUST be able to be on call to support field engineers and Line Management.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity – Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others. Able to change communication style in line with audience
- Commercial Awareness – Understands and applies commercial and financial principles. Views issues in terms of benefit, costs and added value.
- Quality orientation – e.g. Shows awareness of goals & standards. Follows through to ensure that quality & productivity standards are met.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Be a key part of the Management Structure within the region, providing support to both your team and Line Manager.
- Daily dialogue with your team and weekly recommendations to your Line Manager
- Develop a strong relationship with the wider site team.
- Proven track record in successful people management including performance management and familiarity with operational HR process and procedure.
- Detailed operational understanding of facilities maintenance, soft services, hard services, and building services within a BBC focused environment.
- Extensive experience in managing a large multi-disciplined workforce.
- Experience in the Mechanical and Electrical aspects of general building PPM schedules.
- Electrical Apprenticeship, 18th edition IEE, C&G 2391, BTEC & HNC or similar.
- Valid formal Health & Safety qualification e.g. IOSH (1 or 5 day).
- IT literate FM Management Information Systems, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Wide breadth of knowledge on mechanical electrical systems and building fabric repairs.
- Sound commercial and financial awareness.
- Experience in Supervising and controlling similar contracts/site delivery teams.
- Ability to produce detailed reports for the customer and Regional Manager.
- Valid driving licence is essential for the role
- Experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification.
- Previous HV AP appointment in a similar environment with JSP375 experience.
- Proven track record in delivering engineering solutions ideally in a critical environment
- Full time
- 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQ1MDE4MTMwOS18LTE0NS18LTcw