Our Client have been building exceptional homes throughout Kent. The company founders bring their many years of industry experience to the company and take great pride in creating high quality homes that exceed expectations. This is a fantastic bespoke to developer to work for, who have a real family feel and value there people.
As Technical Manager you will overseeing at least the regions projects which will mainly include low rise traditional housing. The projects will keep you busy and challenged so you will need to have a level head and the relevant experience of overseeing your own sites. You will be based in the office three or four days a week with the other time spent on sites.
As Technical Manager you will be involved in the management, coordination and work flow of all technical information on this site however you will also be involved in other sites coming through at different stages in the development cycle from design, planning, delivery and through to completion. You will also be involved in the following;
* Production of accurate detailed information whilst being in line with company policies and budgets.
* The Coordination of internal and external consultants in producing technical details and drawings required for the delivery of schemes from design, planning and through to completion.
* Providing all necessary associated health and safety information.
* Clearing planning conditions through the development and preparation of working drawings and specifications.
* Providing support and accurate information for all internal departments including construction, commercial, production, development and sales in line with company policy.
* Assisting in implementing departmental and company objectives and procedures.
* Assist in the value engineering elements, questioning drawings and making changes where relevant to assist in the smoothness of build on site.
* Obtaining building control approvals and the management of all imposed conditions.
* Overseeing more junior members of the team such as Technical Coordinators and offering ongoing support in the development of them.
* Attending regular internal and external design and development progression meetings.
* Keeping up to date on new legislation and procedures which would affect the technical aspects of the business.
* Degree qualified in Architecture or Engineering or an HND/HNC in Building Studies/Construction or other relevant qualification.
* Strong IT skills with experience of AutoCAD/Revit, Outlook, Excel, Word etc.
* Experience of technical aspects of house building and up to date UK building regulation knowledge.
* Ideally working at another house builder, developer, contractor with at least 3 years’ experience as a Manager.
* Understandings of the planning legislation would be beneficial but not essential.
* A calm and collected individual and a team player who can liaise with other internal and external consultants.
* Strong organisational and work management skills.
* Good time management skills and able to stick to tight deadlines.
* A good problem solver who can solve technical issues efficiently and effectively