Surfacing Foreperson – Breedon Group
Breedon Surfacing Solutions provide a wide range of asphalt surfacing contracting services across the UK, delivering a comprehensive asphalt surfacing solution for the construction and maintenance of public highways; infrastructure; residential and industrial developments and minor works. Our client base ranges from domestic and commercial clients to large contractors, local authorities and government bodies.
The Contracting Surfacing Foreperson is responsible for the safe, effective and high-quality delivery of frontline contract surfacing operations. This role will will operate in the North Wales and surrounding area.
The role is directly reportable to the Surfacing Supervisor and involves mentoring, coaching and instructing surfacing squad operatives and allocating associated resources.
· Ensure the safe and efficient delivery of on-site surfacing operations
· Understand the contract requirements in respect to the job work scope, specification and task
· Review proposed works in advance of surfacing operations
· Plan, coordinate and execute the works to meet surfacing targets and objectives as agreed with the Surfacing Manager
· Provide clear instruction and direction of the surfacing team
· Undertake formal inspections prior to the commencement of works and inform the Surfacing Manager and/or client of any defects, change in specification or additional works
· Ensure the works are undertaken in accordance with all technical specifications and operational procedures
· Ensure the effective and timely ordering of materials and resources
· Liaise with the Surfacing Manager in respect to operational matters such as delays, resource issues, material concerns, weather and any other uncontrolled events that may affect the works
· Record and maintain accurate site records including laying records, dips, site instructions, variations and QHSE documentation
· Ensure that all non-conformances and defects are promptly reported and rectified
· Liaise with customer representatives and on-site personnel
· Train and develop team members to provide sufficient skillsets to meet operational requirements and contingencies
· Assist the Surfacing Manager to manage recruitment, induction, absenteeism and performance management within the squad.
· You will have extensive operational experience within asphalt surfacing operations and a good working knowledge of Asphalt materials and characteristics, as well as surfacing methods and techniques.
· You will be able to manage frontline resources, with the ability to optimise outputs, efficiency, quality and profitability.
· You will have a “hands on” approach and be competent in instructing and directing site surfacing operatives.
· You will have excellent interpersonal skills, strong team ethics and a flexible attitude towards business objectives and change.
· 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays on top
· Life Assurance
· Share Saver Scheme
At Breedon, we show we care; we recognise and value our people and the contribution they make to our success as a business. We keep it simple by removing unnecessary bureaucracy and barriers to achieving our vision. We are proud of our great people culture and working environment, and our purpose is to ensure our teams go home safe and well each day.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Flexible Language Requirement:
* English not required
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
* Do you hold a valid CSCS card
* asphalt surfacing operations: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
This job was originally posted as: https://uk.whatjobs.com/coopob__cpl___1919_4164681__1685?utm_source=1685&utm_medium=feed&keyword=Surfacing-Foreperson&location=Wrexham