Support Worker – Young Adults
Social personnel are currently looking for a number of Support Workers in Meldreth (South Cambridgeshire / North Hertfordshire boarder Nr Royston), where our care home offers a supportive living and learning environment for young adults who have severe and profound learning difficulties and is one of the few services in the country that is also able to support those with complex health needs and associated difficulties.
This care home provides a transitional opportunity for individuals to move from education into adulthood with a focus on person-centered programs to promote independence.
We work with people with multiple disabilities who may have sensory and physical impairments who benefit from our specialist facilities that have been designed to meet their needs.
Duties of a Support Worker:
* Providing exceptional high levels of personal care such as washing, dressing and toileting
* Empower the young people to achieve their goals and to be as independent as possible
* Assisting the young adults during hydrotherapy and rebound therapy sessions
* Communicating effectively and building strong relationships that will empower the young adults to grow and develop
* Ensuring that the environment is safe, supportive and enjoyable at all times
Independence is prompted wherever is possible, the adults will often run their own days with what they like to do, so you could be helping make things in the sites enterprise scheme, going on shopping trips, taking part in forestry lessons or even going to the pub!!
It is a tough yet totally rewarding role. Ultimately we are looking for people with a passion to build relationships and positively change the lives of the young adults that we work with. So whilst previous experience would be highly beneficial; it’s not essential. What’s more important to us is that you can demonstrate the right attitude to make a difference.
What’s on offer:
* Full training and continued support
* Opportunity to study the Level 3 diploma in HSC which will be funded by us!
* Part time hours available if required
* Accommodation if required (subject to availability)
* Life assurance and pension
* Perk box
* Health cash back plan
* Bike to work scheme
* Eco-friendly car lease scheme
* Free parking
* Flexible working hours that will give you a great work life balance
Qualities of a successful applicant:
* Willingness to learn and to go the extra mile
* Exceptional communication skills and patience
* Resilient with a robust and positive nature
* Ability to be creative in meeting the needs of the young adults
* Ability to work on a rota pattern which will typically include every other weekend.
* Have a natural desire to learn and enhance your skill set and a willingness to complete your Level 3 Diploma in HSC which is funded by us