Days & Hours: A minimum of 5 hours per week on a Thursday afternoon, typical hours would be 12pm to 5pm but days and times are flexible and are arranged one month in advance.For a day trip, 6 hours may be required, so scope for additional hours, by prior arrangement on occasions according to the needs of Sam.
Pay:Weekday: £11.50 per hour / Weekend and Bank holidays: £12.50 per hour
Driving Clients Car?Yes
Using Own Vehicle for work purposes?Yes, On duty and to attend trainings
Essential:Supportingadults with confidence building
Desirable: Experience supporting adults with spinal injury to access activities in the community
Interviews Week Commencing: As and when applications are received, these may be held via video calling
Start Date:ASAP (subject to satisfactory employment checks)
Sam is ayoung manborn in 1992, who is very keen to open up his social network by trying new activities and accessing the community.Samrequires a Support Worker/Buddy to enable him to access social and leisure pursuits outside of the home independently of his family. Sam has an interest in motor sports, cricket, film and music and having similar interests to him would be beneficial.Activities typically might include shopping, cinema, bowling, as well as sports based activities andoccasional longer day trips. Sam suffered a spinal injury in his mid teens following surgery to correct a spinal deformity. This injury resultedin reduced functional use of the lower half of his body. He uses a wheelchair for mobility and is independent in personal care and requires some support with car transfers to lift his lightweight wheelchair in and out of the vehicle.Sam can lack confidence, so requires a confident, supportive and responsible person to support him to increase his independence.This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated person to join a team and develop existing skills. A truly rewarding role for someone who is able to communicate effectively and an ability to work with patience, tact, understanding, warmth and compassion.
Pay and Benefits:
Weekday: £11.50 per hour / Weekend: £12.50 per hour
On-going training & support provided
5.6 weeks annual leave pro rata
Free DBS check.
In order to promote continuity of our high care standards, you will be offered:
- Relevant training opportunities (including The Care Certificate),
- Regular clinical supervision/review meetings,
- On-going support from a dedicated Case Manager and HR department
ILS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our Clients within the activities we undertake, and ILS expects all our Clients employees and workers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or workers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This position will require:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK;
- Satisfactory references, including your last employer;
- An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate. A conviction will not necessarily prevent you from being employed.
It would be great to receive your application, if you have the following skills/behaviours:
- Must be able to work with specialist equipment (training will be provided). A Handling Management Plan is available andisdesigned to reduce the risk of handling injuries, but you may be required to bend, kneel, squat, push or pull.
- Proactive approach to developing an appropriate range of activities and willing to participate in a variety of outdoor/ rural activities.
- Confident about working in Sam’s own home and other locations and sensitive to his needs and wishes.
- Can demonstrate commitment and passion for meetingSam’s needs
- Can demonstrate empathy and understanding in an appropriate and professional manner
- A team player who understands the importance of feedback to qualified members of the team
- Can develop productive and professional relationships with others
- Actively creates an inclusive environment respecting diversity
- Good organisational skills who can adhere to standards and quality requirements
- The ability to learn new skills and happy to learn new things in accordance with the Sam’s programme.
- Flexible – to alter the planned activities if necessary – able to use own initiative.
- Patient and tolerant with a responsible and positive attitude.
- Proactive, encouraging and consistent approach.
- Cheerful and caring with a good sense of humour.
- Reliable, trustworthy and a good communicator with a basic understanding of the principles of rehabilitation.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the importance of maintaining confidentiality and to respect Sam and their family’s need for privacy.
- Able to keep own record of hours worked and to attend supervision, as required.
- Write, store and submit case notes securely in accordance with the monthly submission date
- Flexible with start and finish times according to the needs of Sam.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills and confident using IT.
- Full clean driving licenceand able to drive Sam in his own vehicle.
- Non smoker – this post operates a non-smoking environment.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQ1MTM5OTk4OC18LTE0NS18LTcw