This role is for a Community Based Dementia Support Worker. You will have the rewarding opportunity to provide support and guidance to people with dementia and their carers; helping to maintain their independence, improving their sense of well-being, and putting them in more control of their lives. The service is unique to each service user as it is based upon their personal circumstances and support needs.
Support Worker Responsibilities:
• To manage referrals, assisting clients in assessing their information and support needs.
• To maintain and manage a caseload of clients who have dementia or are affected by dementia from appropriate geographical locations. Information and support may be by phone, email, letter, or face to face, at the client’s home or other appropriate location.
• To provide information regarding services and benefits available and, where appropriate, assist clients in accessing them.
• When appropriate, to signpost clients to a choice of suitable other sources of help.
• To develop a proactive approach in reaching people with dementia and carers who may not otherwise access our services.
Support Worker Requirements:
We are looking for an individual with an understanding of dementia and the needs of those living with dementia and their carers. Your ability to assess client needs along with the understanding of the need for client confidentially is essential to providing a valuable and worthwhile service. To be successful in this role you will have excellent non-judgmental communication skills as well as strong organisational and time management skills in order to manage your caseload of clients effectively. The successful applicant will also possess good IT skills and be able to travel independently across the area. You will have knowledge of working alongside volunteers and have an understanding of the valuable contribution volunteers bring to services whilst championing their inclusion in all that we deliver.
About Alzheimer’s Society:
Our employees work hard every day to make a true difference in people's lives. We are proud to support them with a range of benefits, recognition and many options for working agilely, all contributing to a strong work life balance. We also have various learning programmes to support you in your development and help you grow to realise your potential and shape a career with Alzheimer's Society
Position: Dementia Support Worker
Location: Community Based – Swansea Bay
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £20,363 – £21,603 actual per annum (depending on skills and experience)
Closing date: 04 November 2021
Interview date: 11 November 2021
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Dementia Adviser, Care Assistant, Dementia Advisor, Caseworker, Special Needs Assistant, Social Worker, Social Care, Community Care, Helpline Coordinator, Volunteering Officer, Support Worker, Mental Health, Dementia, NFP, Not for Profit, Charity, etc.
Ref: (Apply online only)