Potter Johnson Recruitment are pleased to be working together with a well established children's residential home service, providing support and accommodation to young people across Essex and Kent
We are looking for experienced support workers to join our agency. We can offer full time or part time hours, regular places of work on an ongoing basis.
Due to expansion, our client, based in Basildon, are currently needing Support Workers to work, on an agency contract, at their OFSTED registered Children’s Home. This role will include lone and group working with young people aged 16 – 21.
Job Description (Responsibilities):
* To be responsible for managing the project whilst on shift, taking full responsibility for managing the establishment, (the resources and the fabric of the building) and, most importantly, the welfare of the young people.
* Promote the development of the young people
* Protect young people from threats to their health, welfare and normal development, both from inside and outside the home. Understand and implement all safeguarding related policies.
* Ensure that key stages in the stay of young people such as admission and discharge are properly
* managed and reflect decisions recorded in care plans
* Ensure that young people facing particular crises and stresses are offered appropriate additional support
* Ensure that young people are responsible for their own lives, involving them in planning their lives, supporting them and helping them towards taking greater control and responsibility
* As a support worker, participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of individual support plans and engaging young people in learning.
* Contribute to and complete risk assessment regarding clients when necessary.
* Support their clients with transport when required
* Use the community as a means of support and social learning for the young people
* Encourage, and where possible ensure, that their clients respect others in the community.
* Build positive relationships with community members, ensuring that the privacy of the clients is not effected.
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with family members where appropriate, social workers, school staff and other professionals with a concern for the young person’s needs.
* Ensure constructive and positive communication and negotiation with referring agencies regarding young people.
* Positive and non-judgmental value base
* A knowledge of the Children Act and subsequent relevant legislation
* Demonstration of a commitment to supporting and motivating young people
* Ability to maintain boundaries and communicate effectively with young people
* Ability to work within a team.
* Ability to work shifts including sleep-ins – including weekends and bank holidays
* Experience of working with children or young people
* NVQ Level 2 in Social Care/Registered Children's Homes or a similar subject
* Full UK driving licence and use of our car (desirable but not essential)
* DBS on the update service
* Indate mandatory training
If you have the right skills and experience and are interested in this role please submit your CV