Pay Rate: £10.00 per hour day shift – £60.00 per Sleepover
Role: SUPPORT WORKER – Corby
Hours: 37.5 hour and 24hrs per week
Shift Pattern: Day Shift: 12.00– 24.00 (12 hours) + Sleepover (Apply online only) (8 hours) + (Apply online only) (4 hours) – total of 24 hour shift.
Part of the City & County Healthcare group, Total Community Care, provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. Our client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord injury, Acquired Brain injury and other Neurological conditions.
We have an exciting opportunity for Support Workers to join a new specialist care team.
You will be supporting a lady with a Spinal Cord Injury who is wheel chair dependent. This lady requires all her personal care needs to be met by her team. She is able to communicate verbally and makes all her own choices. This lady lives with her husband in their own home in the Corby (Northants) area.
* Providing assistance with all personal care and all aspects of daily living.
* Driving and accompanying this lady to therapy sessions, hospital appointments and social outings.
* Assist with shopping (weekly on-line ordering), food preparation, cooking and domestic tasks and the ordering and administering of medication.
* You must be flexible, reliable, trustworthy and committed.
* A kind and caring individual who can work to support this lady in her own home.
* You will have patience, good time keeping, respect and thoughtfulness for this lady and her family and the team members.
* Good communication skills both written and verbal are essential as is a good sense of humour.
* A driving licence is essential (this lady has an automatic vehicle) and you will be confident to drive a wheel chair accessible vehicle.
Total Community Care is a leading provider of person-centred, nurse-led complex healthcare. We work with clients throughout England and Wales, enabling them to live independent lives, from the comfort of their own homes. We seek to enrich our clients' lives through exceptional care, inspired by a commitment to clinical excellence.
What are the Benefits?
* Paid annual leave and enhanced rates of pay for Bank Holidays
* Payment to attend all Training
* Paid DBS checks
* Personal Development Opportunities
* Employee referral bonus scheme
* All PPE is provided
If you’re excited about starting your career as a Support Worker, we would love to hear from you.
This post is subject to a full enhanced disclosure and satisfactory references