Support Care Worker
We are looking for compassionate Support Care Workers that have experience in Social Care. You will be providing help to the residents that need support with Personal Care and Supported Living. Assist in the safe lifting, transferring, repositioning and movement of clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Supporting and monitoring their healthcare needs, including administering medication.
* Understanding their communication needs and adapting your communication to each individual, e.g. sounds, tones, body language.
* Helping clients with their immediate needs such as washing, dressing and maintaining their hygiene.
* Assist in the safe lifting, transferring, repositioning and movement of clients.
* Observe, monitor and record clients’ physical and emotional well-being, and promptly report any changes to senior staff.
* Becoming both a role model and companion to the individual and uncovering shared interests, such as hobbies and outings.
* NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Social Care
* Some experience of Healthcare or Care Work
* Up-to-date DBS that is on the online update service (We can arrange a new DBS if your current certificate is not on the online update service.
* Certified in Manual Handling, Epilepsy, Administering Medication, Food & Hygiene, Safeguarding & First Aid. (We can arrange for you to complete these online if you do not have them)
Experience but no NVQ – £9.30 per hour – NVQ Level 2 – £9.78 per hour – NVQ Level 3 £9.96 per hour