Live in Support Workers in East Norfolk
£770.00 per week
1 or 2 weeks on, 1 or 2 weeks off (employer willing to be flexible)
Up to 3 posts potentially available
Gentleman in East Norfolk with complex care needs, requires employed live in support workers for all aspects of personal care and home management, and for driving wheelchair-adapted vehicle.
I am looking to recruit support workers who are empathetic, kind and for whom a person-centred approach to their job is paramount. My ideal would be to discover carers who are genuinely dedicated to supporting all aspects of my situation, in order for me to continue to live freely and independently.
This is a live in role, working 1 or 2 on and 1 or 2 weeks off, but I am happy to be flexible and to discuss this further. Working hours will be 7am to 10pm, with a 2 hour break at a flexible but mutually pre-agreed time. Work outside of these hours would only be in an emergency situation. You will be expected to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week while working.
An accommodation offset allowance of £7.55 per day will be deducted from the wages.
· Respectful of employer, his wishes and the home environment
· Gentle, patient and empathetic nature
· Good communicator and listener
· Person-centred, enthusiastic and motivated
· Physically fit to manage the moving and handling tasks/equipment
· Able to learn to drive the wheelchair with attendant secondary joystick
· Comfortable and able to drive my wheelchair-adapted motorhome (Category B standard driving licence required)
· Pet friendly, must be willing to support me with all aspects of caring for my cat
· Experience of one-to-one working
· Able to observe and learn what is required of you
· Able to assess when to assist and when to step back
· Full, clean driving licence
The post is subject to the following:
· A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
· Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
· Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
How to apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please call 01473 603876 or email email@example.com quoting 4348.
To apply for this job email your details to Suffolk@silmail.org.