Permanent Full Time
Who are we?
Here within the Anglian Water @one Alliance, we are a totally collaborative organisation made up of our seven partner companies (Anglian Water, Balfour Beatty, Barhale, MMB, MWH Treatment, Skanska and SWECO) and our extended supply chain, delivering over half of Anglian Water’s capital investment programme.
Now working in the latest Asset Management Period, known as AMP 7, we are working towards delivering an approximate £1.3bn programme of work until 2025. Are you ready to join us as we aim to deliver the most exciting and innovative AMP we have ever seen?
Our infrastructure team has its biggest-ever delivery challenge this AMP. Our year two spending is approaching £75-80M with an even larger year three planned.
How we engage with our community whilst undertaking critical infrastructure works to enhance our region’s suitability is essential to our performance and reputation. To provide us with the required support and expertise in appraising relevant drainage solutions to multiple town catchments, we are looking for a Sustainable Urban Drainage (SuDS) Engineer to join the team!
What will you be doing as our new SuDS Engineer?
Working with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including schools, businesses and councils, you’ll propose and agree on a jointly developed set of proposals which meets the community needs within our safety requirements and business objectives.
As our SuDS Engineer, you’ll play a pivotal role between our community and project teams, so you’ll have to be prepared to be flexible in your approach as you deal with a range of stakeholders with, at times, conflicting opinions and priorities.
A little bit about your skills, experience and behaviours….
To join our heavily involved infrastructure team in this new position created to enhance our ability to deliver, you’ll have experience with customer interface to develop, design and promote SuDS solutions to complement your experience in undertaking the design of surface water/foul sewer pipelines within the Water and Waste Water Industry. You’ll also have high competency in the use of MS office suite to communicate and bring your solutions to life for others.
Able to develop and communicate technical sketches, ensuring they meet CIRIA and British Standards, you’ll have excellent communication and presentation skills as you look to bring others along for your journey. Comfortable collaborating with a range of people and groups, you’ll back up your proposals with solid reports and data analysis to bring credibility to your ideas.
* Develop designs and coordinate multidiscipline teams ensuring standard products are used where possible whilst ensuring British Standards are applied
* Apply fundamental design principles of pipelines (gravity flow), flow in open channels and SuDS features
* Provide input to proposals, work scope, work schedule and budgets
* Prepare Pre-Construction Information files (PCI) as required in the procurement of Ground Investigation Works and Assembly of permanent works on the Site
* Understand and implement the hierarchy in risk management in design and be able to highlight Design Risk Assessments
* Project management in a proactive fashion ensuring site surveys are incorporated to underpin projects being completed on time, against budget, to the required quality and safely
* Confidently present solutions to internal and stakeholders with the ability to answer queries and establish revised solutions as required to find ‘win-win’ solutions
* Proactively explore innovative SuDS solutions which could be implemented to create efficiencies