Stress & Mechanical Engineer
Permanent Full Time
My client is a UKCAA Part 21J DOA. They are a world-class strategic partner for Fixed-wing and Rotorcraft Operators, OEMS, Integrators, VIP and Utility companies globally.
Purpose of role and summary of responsibilities:
The purpose of the role as Stress & Mechanical Engineer is to provide the Head of Engineering a high level support with the structural substantiation of aircraft interior, system and structural installation.
You will take responsibility to:
1. Compile stress analysis documents (stress and interface load reports) to meet aircraft industry requirements, budget, and project schedules utilizing hand calculations or classical finite element method using NX Nastran/FEMAP.
2. Compile static test plans & reports in accordance with regulations and OEM requirements.
3. Support Certification Engineers in compiling design reports, structural substantiation reports, weight and balance analysis.
4. Support the company’s internal Test Facility with test fixture validation and test witnessing.
Key Attributes –
1. Self-starter, well organised, used to working under pressure to meet deadlines.
2. Ability to work to the highest quality and accuracy to achieve established goals in timely manner.
3. Effective and confident communicator.
4. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
5. Flexible and committed to aiding development of the business in whatever capacity is required (subject to skills and experience).
6. Proficiency in Finite Element Analysis and standard hand calculations required.
7. Understanding of CS-25 & CS-27 requirements and OEM requirements would be an advantage.
8. Knowledge of composite material would be an advantage.
9. Ability to travel as required.
10. Ability to work overtime as required.
Education & Experience
1. Degree in Mechanical Engineering
2. Minimum 3 year experience in aviation / aircraft interior industry