J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure.
Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including Transportation, Water, Power, Natural Resources, and Construction & Property.
Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses – Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Murphy employs around 3,500 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives around the world. Together, we work as ‘One Murphy’ by directly delivering the people, plant and expertise needed to make projects a success.
There’s more to Murphy.
Site Manager – CP6 (Rail) – Cambridge
Are you a Site Manager looking for your next role where you can utilise your technical skill set on a day to day basis while working on an interesting project that will offer you continued development? If so J. Murphy & Sons are keen to hear from you regarding to opportunities on CP6 Framework. As a Site Manager you will provide site based leadership for all construction and installation operations; promoting Health & Safety management, construction best practice and management of site construction resources in close liaison with the Project Manager. Most importantly you will be enthusiastic, driven, a good communicator in addition to being a strong leader/motivator that is able to manage various projects to ensure continuity of the works programme and your delivery team.
Take a look at the role outline and if you think you fit the bill, and want to work in a team that rewards performance, drives personal development and offers a great place to work delivering exciting projects, then get in touch!
What you will be doing
* Plan and deliver all for sites, ensuring work is completed on time and to the agreed standard.
* Ensure short and medium contract programmes are planned, reviewed and delivered.
* Monitor progress periodically against the project plan and monitor expenditure, resolving issues but may escalate critical operational issues to the Project
* Line management of Section Managers and other workflow supervisors.
* Provide periodic updates to clients on project/contract progress, typically operational in nature.
* Ensure risk assessments are created, in place and reviewed as and when required.
* Review plant, labour and materials to ensure resources are in place for the short to medium term (1-3 months).
* Liaise with the Project Manager to resolve any technical issues outside of the scope of works.
Who we are looking for
* HNC Building Studies or a degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management.
* Knowledge sufficient to attain Chartered level of ICE.
* Extensive background in site/contract management delivering earthworks, rail and infrastructure contracts
* Solid health and safety knowledge and will hold a health and safety related qualification.
* CSCS Card
* First aid qualification is desirable.
Good interpersonal skills with previous line management experience necessary