Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM Construction is recruiting a Sie Manager with a proven track record of supporting the managing, controlling and supporting the engineering, construction and completion of projects between £5 – 50m on time and on budget. This role will be based out of our Manchester offices.
Reporting to the Senior Site Manager or Project Manager you would be expected to demonstrate a clear understanding of the construction management role, management of subcontractors and have a proven track record of exceeding targets and achieving high scores in health and safety, environmental management and Considerate Constructor Scheme.
• Implement the Project Management Plan, including all site procedures and practices and completing records and documentation.
• Ensure that appropriate quality records are being produced and monitored to verify that the works are being completed in accordance with the specified requirements
• Ensure compliance with the health and safety Management Plan and BAM Operating Procedures.
• Set up and monitor handover schedules, keys, spares and completion documentation.
• Ensuring BAM construction environmental procedures are implemented on site.
• Keep site diaries including records of subcontractor attendance and progress.
• Manage direct and sub contract labour and the keeping of records and allocation sheets.
• Advice on buildability issues as required.
Who are we looking for?
• Experience in delivering high quality projects
• Broad construction based technical experience.
• Experience working on educational projects
• A relevant Health & Safety qualification and be competent to carry out site management tasks they are directed to do, ideally SMSTS.
• Confident in the use of IT packages and systems.
• Good communication skills
• HNC/Degree, MCIOB or equivalent or a trade’s background.
• Full driving licence.
What’s in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Your work environment
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We’re on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Who are we?
The art of building is about building for communities; it’s about building for life.
Where others stop, we go further, leading the way towards a sustainable tomorrow for us and future generations. As an industry leader, we raise the bar.
Our values: sustainable, inclusive, collaborative, reliable and ownership, enable us to achieve our ambitions. Today, tomorrow and every day.
Our recruitment process, what you need to know?
BAM is committed to ensuring a fully inclusive recruitment and onboarding process, so if at any time you feel we need to do something to make it more accessible to you, do not hesitate to speak with one of our team, and we will do our best to support you.
This job was originally posted as: https://thecareerwallet.com/stats/track/MTQ0ODA5MzM2NS18LTE0NS18LTcw